Author Topic: /DECIDED TO HAVE SURGERY/HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS/UPDATED WITH PICS  (Read 5683 times)

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Bump, bit disappointed not have had a reply, this forum isn't very active :(

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Bump, bit disappointed not have had a reply, this forum isn't very active :(

Hi,
Sorry to see nobody has replied to you yet. I would answer your questions but all your questions are specific to Karidis. I had my surgery with Levick. My story is here is the thread under yours.

The reason why this forum isn't very active unfortunately is that when a person becomes properly post-op (one or two months) they no longer need this forum and will only respond if someone quotes them. There are  still some long term post op members who still check the forum but most of them don't and it's completely  understandable. After you've had your gynecomastia removed, you don't want a constant reminder of what was there.

The only question I can answer is about the gland. I'm pretty sure Karidis removes the majority of the gland but keeps a tiny bit in there to avoid crater issues. Nothing noticible though. Hope this helps. If you have any surgery specific questions, I'll try and help although Levicks surgery is quite different.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
you just need to email him re the gland.

thetood is spot on with the mental side of things. I had my op 7 nov 2012 & I am happy with the results, but you dont mentally recover over-night.

re; weight just do all you can pre-op. post-op I found that my motivation to exercise increased dramatically - so it becomes easier to cement a decent result.

your pre-op pics look at bit like i did.

GL

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
His office area is on the third floor but I'm guessing you know that now you've had a consultation. He should have said what he needs to remove but if he is making a nipple incision it's to remove gland.

Yea give yourself some time with regards to eating. I found it hard to eat much at all anyway what with the restriction of the vest. I ate what I could and still lost a bit of weight though I wasn't trying to.

If I read right you're booked for the surgery. You'll get an information pack in good time to read it, make sure you do because there is a form to return to them inside.

On the day you just tell reception and they will ask you to wait to be taken to your room.

PM me if you wanna know any more. Not been back here so much lately but I'll get your note by email.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Oh and the fluid will empty into the plasters. Main reason to cover them is to stop dirt getting into the open wound. Don't want an infection. They'll give you some spare plasters to change them when you need.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Hey guys i'm getting really excited now the surgery is under 4 weeks. Me and my girlfriend have split up but I wont be on my dad is insisting he meets me in London because he doesn't want me to have to do it on my own.

Thanks for the replys. I've paid in full karidis's fee and the hospital fee, sent back all the forms I needed to sign, sent in my blood results that I got done on the nhs, booked my train tickets and booked the hotel so im all set now. Oh and I bought some 100% cotton boxer shorts haha. One of the information sheets I was given said to bring slippers, whats that all about I don't own any haha.

This morning I weighed 12 stone 8 so ive lost 20lb in total :). I still have about another 10-20 left to go though. Did/will you guys take a front opening shirt in with you for them to put on your post op like it says or are you just taking a normal t shirt?

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Hey man, I had my surgery yesterday, check out my thread below:

https://(ALL THE W'S).gynecomastia.org/smf/1/consultation-with-dr-karidis-booked-for-27th-march/

I wouldn't even bother asking Karidis what needs to be done, he knows what he is doing and will get rid of those glands!

I had 30g's glands taken from each side and also 1 liter of fat removed so my change has been quite drastic! Now to smash the gym and lose that belly fat :)

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Hey man, I had my surgery yesterday, check out my thread below:

https://w w w .gynecomastia .o r g/smf/1/consultation-with-dr-karidis-booked-for-27th-march/

(Without the spaces)

I wouldn't even bother asking Karidis what needs to be done, he knows what he is doing and will get rid of those glands!

I had 30g's glands taken from each side and also 1 liter of fat removed so my change has been quite drastic! Now to smash the gym and lose that belly fat :)

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Oh and if you want evidence that the slits still drain, look at the photo of my bedsheets the morning after the surgery lool... that is a lot of blood/saline my friend! Most of this is absorbed in the plasters but I was advised there can be a lot of extra bleeding.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Hiya mate im going to read your thread now and then post again, the pics aren't showing though is it something wrong with my browser or are the pics down because this has happened a few times where the title says "with pics and there aren't any there"

Dam though I can picture the drainage thing I better buy some really cheap button up shirts and keep my designer shirts in the wardrobe haha that's good to know. Also I can give my mum a heads up about the sheets. What top did you bring for them to dress you in after the surgery?

Do you ask karidis how much was taken out or does he just tell you any way.

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Hi Mate....

I just wore an England rugby top (Black), and there wasn't really any leaking until when I got home/overnight. The left side pretty much all leaked out in recovery but the right side still needed a lot of draining which pretty much happened on my bedsheets overnight and in the shower the next morning!

I was fine putting my top on myself to be honest... The pain really isn't that bad at all because of all the painkillers and anesthetic, I just felt like I was hungover and someone was sitting on my chest lol... I was even comfortable enough to sleep in the car on the way home!

I was given rough amounts by the nurse... however apparently we get a letter in the post giving the final amounts a couple of weeks after the op.

Yeah with regards to clothing I would recommend loose fitting black T-shirts/Shirts for the first couple of days... certainly stay away from white unless you want to look like a used tampon!

It is amazing how much better I feel about myself already, just trying on some t-shirts I bought online but never wore out of the house and they look good on now! lol...

Let me know if you have any questions at all and I will keep updating my thread with pictures over the next few weeks. Good luck with everything!

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Thanks for the info mate. I hope get results as good as yours :P.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Had the surgery yesterday I will update with a mini write up and some pics tomorrow maybe.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024