Author Topic: scar tissue and mental breakdown  (Read 2305 times)

Offline soozl

• Posting Member
Friends,

I believe I am having a mental breakdown.  I have had two surgeries and I prayed to god that I would never have to spend hours on google again searching the world "gynecomastia." 

I had a surgery last year on my right nipple and I think my doctor fucked up and didn't remove enough gland.  It is hard to say what the result was after the surgery because I was so drugged up, but now it looks just as bad as it did before. 

I wore a compression vest and everything.  I went in to the doctor and got a cortisone shot and I think it has made it much worse.  I am having a mental and emotional breakdown right now.  I can't believe I paid someone 3,000 dollars to do absolutely nothing.

How long did it take for your cortisone shots to break down scar tissue (it really really hard, JUST LIKE HARD GLAND)   

was it really sore and swollen after the injections.

Here is what I think happened: he injected cortisone into breast tissue and it is going to grow way more now because it has had holes jabbed in it. 

I'm feeling completely depressed, and I don't want to leave my room anymore.  I just don't know what to do, I can't afford another surgery.

How do I know if something is scar tissue?  My breasts grew very rapidly, double in size in one month, and i think they are starting to grow again because he missed tissue. 

I know some other people here must have had this problem, and I am looking for some support. 

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
HI,

Unless you post pictures there is not real way for anyone to comment.

As for you, it sounds like you need a therapists. I strongly suspect BDD.

It is certainly possible that the doctor did not take enough, but based on your comments, he either took nothing at all or you have a hormone problem that is still causing you to grow breast tissue.

Merle

Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
If your breast "doubled in size in one month" as you say, then the first thing I thought about was your estadiol levels could be sky high.

The big question in my mind would be what is my testosterone levels? What is my Estradiol? and what is the ratio of the two?

For breast tissue to develop that fast there is a reason why.

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
Don't flip out too much.

Life is long.

You've got plenty of time to get this fixed.   You will see.... just be patient.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024