Author Topic: risperdal  (Read 2485 times)

Offline kanteleman666

• Posting Member
2 years ago i was put on an average dose of risperdal and antidepressants for several months and gained at least 40-50 pounds during that time. I have since lost the weight but i still have very puffy nipples, especially the left one. ive also read that risperdal can cause gyne although that may just be related to the weight gain. ive never been overweight or had gyne before that  (5'10 - 150 pounds is my normal weight) has anyone else had a similar experience on risperdal? is gyne a result of my weight gain or the meds themselves? i'm 19 and past puberty so i know its not going away.

for those who went under the knife, how long until you were able to start working out again? Or is it better to work out and get some chest countour prior to surgery despite it being worse for puffy nips?

any help s appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 08:03:57 PM by kanteleman666 »

Offline sim

• Posting Member
Yes, Risperdal can cause gynecomastia. So can SSRI's, but the chance is much smaller. Risperdal reduces dopamine transmission which results in increased prolactin, which can cause gynecomastia in some people.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024