Author Topic: Alot of Fatty Tissue and Gland but no gynecomastia....wtf  (Read 2987 times)

Offline sixpack

"Alot of Fatty Tissue and Gland but no gynecomastia"

That's what my Endo said to me today

I'm new to this forum and I went to an endo because I obviously have gyne.  That's what the doc said to me at first, then I went to get a mammary gland scan. and the doctor who did the scan said I don't have any gynecomastia because I don't have any hard lump inside that would cause pain.

Yet I'm still stuck with this A CUP on my chest and when the doc doing the scan wrote the diagnosis he wrote "No GYNE" so when my endo seen the diagnosis he said that it may not get paid for because it says "no gyne"  even though I have these breast.

How can I have a whole lot of fatty tissue and Gland but no gyne?  Ain't that what causes gyne?  And how can a disease be so common, yet so unknown to docs?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
"Alot of Fatty Tissue and Gland but no gynecomastia"  LOL... what the heck do they think G is then? ???

The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines  'Gynecomastia' as...

Gynecomastia: excessive development of the breast in the male

Main Entry:
    gy·neco·mas·tia Listen to the pronunciation of gynecomastia
Pronunciation:
    \ˌgī-nə-kō-ˈmas-tē-ə\
Function:
    noun
Etymology:
    New Latin, from gynec- + Greek mastos breast + New Latin -ia
Date:

Where in that definition does it say anything about a 'lump'? ???

Gyne: Woman like, Mastos: Breast(s)..... Dude if you have 'Woman-like Breasts', then you have G.

So much for all this talk of going to an Endo first...  huh?

Get a second opinion my man!

BTW... Gynecomastia is a 'Condition', not a 'Disease'....

GB
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:20:40 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I guess it would depend upon how you defined the word Gynecomastia.

The Greek physician Galen used the term in the second century to describe breasts which had a rounded contour and resembled a fully developed womens breasts; Except that they were smaller. It appears that Galen did not consider what we call "Puffy Nipples" in his definition. Artistic evidence from ancient cultures such as Egypt and Greece would indicate that both types were not uncommon.

The general use of the term to me, in this time, would obviously include both.

Apparently the radiologist does not use the term Gynecomastia unless there is some form of pathology. I do not agree with that narrow definition. But, I suppose he is within his rights to use whatever definition he likes.

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024