Author Topic: Help Please - Puffy Nipples with Gland in Western Australia  (Read 6093 times)

Offline bojach

Hello,
Im in relatively good shape, turning 17 later this year, but for several years now I've had puffy nipples with a hard underlying glan. I hate it, although I've never been called out about it (because I never take off my shirt) its limiting my life and I just want to get rid of it. So I was wondering if someone could direct me on the steps to take. I live in Western Australia, Perth, and yeah. Do I go to my GP? Asks for tests to be taken? Or do I go straight to a plastic surgeon? Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon in Perth, or even in the whole of Australia? Please help me.

Offline conspiracyofone

• Posting Member
I'm 17 with puffy nipples. However mine are caused by fat in my chest. My doctor said I have no gland tissue.
My only choice to RUN

No lipo for me.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
I'm 17 with puffy nipples. However mine are caused by fat in my chest. My doctor said I have no gland tissue.
My only choice to RUN

No lipo for me.

Have you posted pictures? A lot of doctors have no idea about gynecomastia and don't realize that it cannot be fixed by losing weight - it can of course be made less noticeable, however it may never go away even after weight loss.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
Hello,
Im in relatively good shape, turning 17 later this year, but for several years now I've had puffy nipples with a hard underlying glan. I hate it, although I've never been called out about it (because I never take off my shirt) its limiting my life and I just want to get rid of it. So I was wondering if someone could direct me on the steps to take. I live in Western Australia, Perth, and yeah. Do I go to my GP? Asks for tests to be taken? Or do I go straight to a plastic surgeon? Can anyone recommend a plastic surgeon in Perth, or even in the whole of Australia? Please help me.

As your 17, it would be advisable to see a GP and get your hormones checked, to see if there is no hormone imbalance. Some PS's may not want to operate as you're still 17 and you have a chance that it will come back as puberty is not finished. However since you've had it for years, its most likely not going to go away. I can speak from experience, I'm 20 now and I had it since I was 15, I wish I found out about this earlier - I missed out on a lot of good fun at the beach/pool parties.

As for surgeons, I just had surgery yesterday with Dr Sue Thistlewaite in Melbourne, she has a big waiting list and charges around $5,000. But the general consensus on these boards is that she is the best in Australia (that we know about). I'm sure there is other great surgeons in Australia who can deal with gynecomastia equally as well, but unfortunately we don't know of them yet. One thing I will say about choosing your surgeon is, results are EVERYTHING - dont base your decision on cost/location - make sure you've seen some before/after photos or positive feedback in regards to gynecomastia. This surgery has a high failure rate due to surgeons not understanding the procedure and the main problem (the gland).

Good luck.

Offline bojach

Hello,

As your 17, it would be advisable to see a GP and get your hormones checked, to see if there is no hormone imbalance. Some PS's may not want to operate as you're still 17 and you have a chance that it will come back as puberty is not finished. However since you've had it for years, its most likely not going to go away. I can speak from experience, I'm 20 now and I had it since I was 15, I wish I found out about this earlier - I missed out on a lot of good fun at the beach/pool parties.

As for surgeons, I just had surgery yesterday with Dr Sue Thistlewaite in Melbourne, she has a big waiting list and charges around $5,000. But the general consensus on these boards is that she is the best in Australia (that we know about). I'm sure there is other great surgeons in Australia who can deal with gynecomastia equally as well, but unfortunately we don't know of them yet. One thing I will say about choosing your surgeon is, results are EVERYTHING - dont base your decision on cost/location - make sure you've seen some before/after photos or positive feedback in regards to gynecomastia. This surgery has a high failure rate due to surgeons not understanding the procedure and the main problem (the gland).

Good luck.

Yes, the failure stories scared me into thinking that I'd have to spend $3000 to fly to the US to get the surgery done. Obviously, it occuring in Perth would be ideal, but Melbourne is these days a cheap flight away and my primary concern is for it to work and look good. So thanks! I'll be booking an appointment with my GP soon hopefully. Last time I had it checked out was two years ago and she told me the glands would eventually go away, but my nipples were erect when she was examining it so she didnt really see the full extent of the problem and I was to nervous to tell her, so hopefully this time it will be different. How long is the waiting list?

I really want this undertaken, as you would know to live in Australia and have this condition is very hard.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member

Yes, the failure stories scared me into thinking that I'd have to spend $3000 to fly to the US to get the surgery done. Obviously, it occuring in Perth would be ideal, but Melbourne is these days a cheap flight away and my primary concern is for it to work and look good. So thanks! I'll be booking an appointment with my GP soon hopefully. Last time I had it checked out was two years ago and she told me the glands would eventually go away, but my nipples were erect when she was examining it so she didnt really see the full extent of the problem and I was to nervous to tell her, so hopefully this time it will be different. How long is the waiting list?

I really want this undertaken, as you would know to live in Australia and have this condition is very hard.

The waiting list is usually around 2 months, then you can book your surgery for about a month after your initial consultation. My GP was similar, female and its always cold in doctor offices so my nipples looked perfectly normal, just stress that it's a problem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024