Author Topic: should I have surgery  (Read 1960 times)

Offline acitalia

• Posting Member
 :-\

Hey everybody, Your info is very much appreciated.

So, I can get in for surgery in 12 days, but I got to tell you I am somewhat scared ( hard to admit )
-Its just that I hate surgery & you see so many different responses to what happened the next 12 - 36 hours.
I am leaning towards it, but any encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Please tell me exactly how you felt after, i think this is my deciding factor.

Thankyou all.

ACE

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
No one can tell you to go through with the surgery, this is your decision alone. But as long as you have chosen a good surgeon, done all your research and know what complications might occur then it is easier to make the choice.

It seems this is a bit rushed, you might need some time to think about it. Have you chosen a reputable surgeon that is going to perform what you want, or have you gone with a cheap option just to get it over and done with? You will have issues with complications and unexpected results if you haven't done your research. Never rush into something like this, and don't be affraid to spend the money on a decent surgeon, otherwise it might turn out worse than before.

Maybe some more info about who you have chosen to go with, and some images might be good.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:40:30 AM by cecly »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Several years ago, my wife was admitted to the hospital to have a knee replacement.

She was reduced to tears and cancelled the surgery. There was no anger on the part of anyone. Actually everyone was very understanding.

About a year later, the surgery was performed by the same surgical team that was originally chosen. She had a very good recovery and since then she has had the other knee done as well.

If you decide not to have surgery, you could later reverse that decision with no problem.

Don't allow  yourself to be rushed.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024