Author Topic: Gyno 16 years old + questions  (Read 2008 times)

Offline shiftr

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

First of all, I gotta say, you guys are really awesome. I've known about this forum and have visited it on occasion for the past 2 years or so. I developed gynecomstia when I was 11. At 14, my doctor assured me that it would eventually go away on its own.

Almost 3 months ago, now 16 years old, I confronted my parents about how much i hate my boobs. I'm 6ft and 165lbs, so I knew it wasn't fat. I'm extremely self-conscious about my chest. I was made fun of so much in middle school because my areolas were so large, and my breast poked through my clothing. I felt that I was wasting my high school years not being able to date woman, buy clothes, and socialize without thinking of my boobs first. I was surprised at how understanding my parents were. Since then I've seen a doctor and an endocrinologist; I'm cleared to meet with a local surgeon this Thursday.

While both my doctor and the endocrinologist told me he was fantastic and has done many surgeries concerning gynecomastia before, I'm extremely anxious about meeting someone who isn't particularly specialized in this area.

But anyways, I was wondering about how much time it would take to recover from surgery. Cross country starts soon and I'm also upping my weightlifting. I know I'll probably be out for at least a month, but how long after that?

Thanks.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'd think if you managed not to take a serious spill you'd be good for the xc around then or shortly after, but talk with the doc, you might even start doing some very gentle exercises to sort of phase yourself in.  the weights could wait a little more, maybe 5-6 weeks, but see what he says, it always varies some by case.   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is something you need to take up with the surgeon.

I have found it helpful to write down any questions I have in the days (or even weeks) before my appointment. I simply hand the list to the Doctor and he never fails me. Otherwise I will forget to ask something and I have only myself to blame.
Grandpa Dan

whyme243

Well, the average waiting time for aggressive sports (football, hockey, wrestling) is 6 weeks, but no doubt it'd be shorter for cross country

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024