Author Topic: Had Gyno my entire life, have my ups and downs but now i'm just stuck.  (Read 4325 times)

Offline BobMiller

• Posting Member
Well I've had it ever since I was a baby pretty much and growing up. Always had it then I became an overweight child and was fat until age 18. Lost 100lbs and got down to 190. Thought this would fix the issue. Of course not. It was there and seemed more noticeable now that my belly was flatter than my boobs. Never wanted to get a job, go out anywhere etc. Always had 2 plus shirts on. Then I got a girlfriend and that gave me a confidence boost enough to succeed a little bit. 4 years later she breaks up with me and now i'm back up to 230lbs  and all my confidence is shot and back to this being my achilles heal. Dont want to work or go out etc. So I need surgery. Dont have the money. What should I do?

Should I first consult with my regular doctor about this and try and get a plastic surgeon through them?
Should I have an estrogen test done to see if my levels are high?
Go to a bank and see about loans. I have no bad credit. Slightly good but not grand. Or do I talk to the surgeon first?
I've been trying to find someone surgeons in my state to call but with not the greatest luck. Some want $200 just for a consults and i'm poor :(

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
Gyno surgery is going to be most useful after you reach your target weight. It is a huge mistake to use it as a sort of stepping stone into then losing weight. You've clearly proven you can up to 190- just use this as inspiration for that weight loss. Only then should you start thinking of the surgery. If you do it too early, you are taking a huge risk- if you start losing weight after the surgery you may end up with loose, saggy skin and require another one...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:04:24 PM by moobsbrah »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
you might want to get as close to a concrete quote as you can before a loan since you don't want to be stuck.  if you can't come up with 200 though, how easy will it be for you to pay off 2000?  i'm not saying it can't be a confidence builder, but you want to plan a little.  i'd say go straight to the ps and let him decide if you need the testing or not, but it's possible you might not need that now. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!
Your condition is almost the exact as mine!

Anyway, first thing, I Would never give up
And if you are not willing to get a job cause of you being very self conscious about them (Gyne bas tards), my advise to you is just RUN,
yeah RUN, run and workout at your local gym, make that your life purpose! And never overeat,

That will boost your motivation up the roof, and your confidence will start to rise, and then get a job, any job, just to save for the operation, and get rid of those suckers once and for all.

I didn't achieve my goal yet, but am well on track, and won't stop until I hit single digit bf%, my goal is to be shredded, It's hard but well worth it.

But do remember, never give up! Never! That would be the greatest Sin you'll ever commit against yourself.

Take a piece of a paper or better on your phone and laptop, make a list of your goals, and make sure you see them everyday infront of you,
this way when you have goals, you know what to do to achieve them, so you won't reach a point of "Omg! I am so confused and lost, What to do? what to do? Life's a b*tch, WHY ME!?"

That's my advice to you mate, do anything, just don't give up, and don't get confused which will lead you to giving up.

Good luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Lots of good responses already leaving little to be said.

I would reiterate what was said by HHH. The financial situation seems to be somewhat in doubt. There is sometimes a great temptation to max out a charge card for surgery. This is a poor idea because of the very high interest rate.

Revelation had a good point too in setting goals. Remember that if you have done nothing to advance a goal in a couple of weeks it is not really a goal, but just a dream. You need to be hard on yourself sometimes. As he said, "don't give up!"

I've found nothing to indicate your age. It is a piece of information that may be helpful.

You mention having had a girlfriend, so your condition has not prevented you from socializing etc. This is a plus for you.

Welcome aboard.

Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
should have mentioned also, once you start thinking seriously about a specific ps, sometimes they may have payment plans, so ask. 

Offline BobMiller

• Posting Member
Hey All,

Thanks for the advice.

I'm actually 24 years old.

I talked to a Surgeons Coordinator on the phone the other day and she gave me a general price quote, she also told me to e-mail the doctor my information and some pictures and he will be able to give me a more accurate quote. So I did that and I'm waiting to hear back from him.

As far as the loan goes. Well the thing is my dad has actually agreed to make my payments. I just need to be able to come up with the loan myself because he can't co-sign because he's buying a house. So thats where I'm at now. I need to find a good surgeon and be able to get the loan.

Hell I'd love to just go have surgery next week if possible!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If your dad has the credit power to purchase a house, the he should have the credit power to co-sign a $6000 (give or take a few) loan...  No?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

if you can't come up with 200 though, how easy will it be for you to pay off 2000?

was thinking the exact same thing dude....  ;)

GB...

Offline BobMiller

• Posting Member
If your dad has the credit power to purchase a house, the he should have the credit power to co-sign a $6000 (give or take a few) loan...  No?

GB...

He does have the credit power. Like I said though he is in the throws of purchasing a house. He can't touch his credit, or co-sign on anything until he's done with that.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In response to the question about getting The Estrogen levels checked.

Checking one hormone without checking the others is not of much use. Each hormone does not work alone but in concert with the other hormones. Knowing how they relate to one another is probably more important than the individual values.

On another matter, You said your dad was in the throes of buying a house and could not co-sign for you until that was done. That would not take more than a couple of months at tops. After years of waiting, what is your rush now? Be patient.

Then again, at the age of 24, you have been an adult for 6 years. How is it you've established no credit of  your own? At the age of 27, I bought a new car on my signature with nothing down.

Offline kadri1711

ne1 kno how much it cost for treatment in india in rupees

Offline Grandpa Bambu

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024