Author Topic: New Video Emotions and Stress of Gynecomastia  (Read 3506 times)

DrBermant

In response to the many requests for new resources for those trying to show others what it is like living with gynecomastia, I have added a new resource.  Many have told me that they had difficulty telling others what it was like having male breasts.  Here is a new tool.

I have just uploaded a new video of a patient discussing the stress and emotions dealing with gynecomastia and the relief after surgery.  Posting words has value, but this discussion by my patient is very intense.  The 8 minute 40 second video with audio (or audio alone clips) are before and after massive gland removal and breast lift (male mastopexy for drooping chest).  I used larger video files because there was such expressiveness in his body language.  For those wanting to use smaller files, there are audio only versions.  QuickTime and Windows Media Video versions are posted.

Here is the link to the new videos.  The after surgery images are only 5 days after surgery and there was much redundant skin.  Details of the operation and before / after images will be uploaded later.

Any comments, feedback, and or any problems with hearing or seeing the video / audio would be appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 06:54:51 PM by DrBermant »

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Dr. Bermant glad to see some new information. I had my parents watch men with breasts and they now are officially sure something is wrong. Good luck on your book. You are doing a fantastic job and the world needs more people like you. Keep up the good work and your website info has been a great help for me.

Offline hypo

That link was excellent thanks!!!!

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Yeah, great watch.

Is this guy on this forum?
etc.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
We've all carried this tremendous burden that's the center of our existence. It's funny how everything we do is in some way filtered through our gyne.  

All the decisions I made were based on whether i'd be able to do it and still maintain my secret.

I like this guy's attitude, after surgery he seemed cautiously optimistic about his results.  

Dr. Bermant, why are you so focused on gyne?  Did you or a family member have it? Is this still an area of plastic surgery that's virtually untapped?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 12:29:07 PM by jc71 »

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
good stuff. thank you very much.
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline sillyguy

• Posting Member

Dr. Bermant, why are you so focused on gyne?  Did you or a family member have it? Is this still an area of plastic surgery that's virtually untapped?  

I think I can answer this...

Cause straight up, these gyne operations must be crazy loot for these surgeons.  Some of these guys do 50+, 100+ a year.   At maybe $4000-$5000 a piece minus the operating overhead, I wonder if gyne surgery is more profitable than longer, more expensive procedures.

[edit:added]

I mean no disrespect, cause Dr. Bermant w/o question goes way above and beyond, seems to have the most thorough site and best info anywhere, plus takes the time to address questions on this forum.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 04:05:07 PM by sillyguy »

Offline jc71

I think I can answer this...

Cause straight up, these gyne operations must be crazy loot for these surgeons.  Some of these guys do 50+, 100+ a year.   At maybe $4000-$5000 a piece minus the operating overhead, I wonder if gyne surgery is more profitable than longer, more expensive procedures.
[edit:added]

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.  

Do you know that Dr. Bermant did not have gyne and his male family members have been gyne free too?

You think his sole motivation is money?  

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 06:29:29 PM by jc71 »

Offline sillyguy

• Posting Member
I absolutely do not know if he or others had gyne.

I also absolutely do not believe his sole motivation is money.  People don't get through 8+ years of incredibly strenous schooling b/c they're only driven by $$.  It takes a passion to accomplish that.

But I'm also not naive, if this surgery wasn't extremely profitable, surgeons wouldn't advertise it.  Simple and plain.

Did you not see my edit?  That was my way of saying $$ and passion are the driving force.

I apologize to all for losing sight of the main topic.

Offline jc71

I agree.  From what i've read and seen, Bermant (overall) does excellent work.

I just say that he's not the only guy who can do excellent work, but he certainly is the most visible on this site. He's a smart business man and a good PS.  

I heard from four people that he's a little arrogant.  That's okay, you need a  c0cky swagger if you think you're the best. That shows confidence. I wouldn't want some guy doing my surgery if he wasn't confident with what he was doing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 03:49:57 AM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024