Author Topic: Best diet advice for post-op  (Read 2739 times)

Offline richardp

Hi Everyone,

I just went through a gyne surgery 2 weeks ago, everything good so far, no swelling, no seroma, the outcome looks amazing and so...

A bit unrelated to the surgery itself, is the fact that the first time the doc revealed the results, my belly looked more prominent than usual.... I figured because my chest is now perfect, it should be a normal outcome... however, I recently began using regular pants (before I only wore gym pants) and I realized that in fact I gained some significant weight, around 10 pounds over 145, which is my normal weight, and the doctor removed only 45 grams fat+tissue from each side...
I had complications with the anesthesia and had to spend additional 2 nights at the hospital, and as soon as I regained consciousness, I started eating like crazy, and I still do, specially because my Mom came over from the south to take care of me, that means a lot of pies and good stuff.... on top of that, this weekend is National Holidays around here, and I'm probably gonna eat even more!!!!

Next Tuesday though (4 more days), I have one of the last post-op appointments with the Doctor (18 days after surgery), and I'm pretty certain he'll authorize me to take walks and light exercise, which is the best to burn all that fat... by the way, I'm still on sick leave, and since I'm not allowed to drive, I spend the entire day in front of the computer and the TV.

I'm willing to take a diet, but I need some advice on what to eat to not jeopardize the healing process, any advice???

Thanks!  ;D

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
just eat healthy.  fruit, vegetables, lean meats, nuts.  keep the carb intake to less than 100 grams a day.  for instance, i'll usually have two average meals a day with fruit as a snack.  usually apples or a bannana.  that seems to keep me in maintenance mode.  also, try a primal diet. i hear a lot of people have success with that. 

could you share you experience with the anesthesia complications you had? 

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
A balanced diet that essentially takes in fewer calories than you burn off will do the job. I would just say remember its a marathon not a sprint.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024