Author Topic: Green tea and Gyne. ?  (Read 7513 times)

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Hello. I am starting andractim tomorrow. I currently drink about 5 glasses of green tea a day. I heard green tea blocks dht. So, would it make andractim usless? Like stop what its doing? Any info please! thanks!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Green tea can cause gyne?
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Well if it blocks DHT and you get it from blocked DHT then yea i guess?

My question though was, isnt andractim dht? Will the green tea actually offset the andractim??

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I drink about 5 cups of green tea a day every day

dont even begin to suggest that it is a cause of gyne

... and the saga continues

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Ok, im not saying it causes gyne. Sorry if the title is misleading. I too drink almost 6 cups a day. My questions was, I just started andractim. I know andractim has something to do w/ DHT. I heard green tea BLOCKS DHT and I was wondering if its good to still drink green tea or if it will offset the andractim.

"Reduce the production of DHT, a potent form of testosterone implicated in causing prostate cancer"

http://www.health-n-energy.com/greentea.htm

Just a quick find.

Doesnt andractim inhibit DHT? So since green tea reduces it, should I stop drinking it? Thanks A LOT in advance!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 03:28:39 AM by daytonasurf »

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
about 6 months ago I posted a similar hysterical and paranoid topic to this, about soy(as I was drinking a lot of milo, which has soy lecithin in it, like almost all processed food does), and I think it was hyop or someone like that who suggested that Gyne would be highly unlikely to be caused or made worse by something as common,simple,everyday and seemingly non-invasive as soy food products. I should think a similar logic would apply to green tea, but then again... I aint no expert on bio-chemistry and endocrinology.

hypo ?

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
 Wheres HYPO when you need him!
Also, Hypo when you reply to this, try to put it in a little more... simple terms pleeeease   ;D

Offline daytonasurf

• Bronze Member
Well does anyone else have any input on this?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 05:31:26 AM by daytonasurf »

Offline hypo

I am not aware of any major evidence to implicate this as a causative factor in the development of gynecomastia or hypogonadism.  I have just never seen it even mentioned.

So I would not worry unduly.  It is said to lower DHT which is the single active ingredient in Andractim, so it is easy to see how you could say;

If Andractim increases androgen status and can reduce/resolve gynecomastia, then surely this does the opposite.

But this could be adding two and two and getting five.

Like anything it is dose dependant, so although it may have an ingredient that lowers DHT, its effect obviously depends upon how significant this dose/reduction is and given the lack of association, I would be very surprised if it is anything more than a very weak antagonist.  

Although perhaps the familiar dictum "everything in moderation" may apply.

Remember;

Water is toxic if you drink enough of it and alcohol is found within fine chocolates and alcohol in excess over time often causes hypogonadism, but that does not mean eating fine chocolates over time is likely to result in hypogonadism does it.

I personally would have no problem drinking a cup or two.   I would not however drink it often as I have a diagnosed hormone imbalance and need to carefully balance my hormones, but I avoid grapefruit for the very same reason.  That does not mean the general populous has to start worrying about grapefruit.

The dose of DHT in Andractim- 125mg is going to be seriously far and away higher than anything that is involved here so they are not likely to conflict much I wouldn’t have thought.

P.S

What I have said above is not gospel.  It is my feelings based on the all the gynecomastia aetiology papers I have seen that have mentioned plenty of drug induced factors- this not being one of them.  Drink in moderation and consult an endocrinologist if seriously concerned, particularly if you feel you are suffering from any adverse effects such as fatigue, lowered libido or erection difficulties.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024