Author Topic: Nipple skin surgery  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Mike12345

• Posting Member
So I have had three surgeons confirm I have minor gyno. Two of them said I'd need surgery to remove the gland with minimal lipo, however, one of them said that he'd need to remove excess skin and bring it with a suture. The third said I need to stop overthinking and that I just needed to build muscle. He may be right, but I don't think it would go away fully, although I am starting to lift heavy in a powercage.

My question is, I don't believe I need the gland removing. If I turn sideways, and just slightly ( and I mean slightly) it takes the pointy nipple away. I recognise that there's still a roundish gland behind my areola, but that honestly doesn't bother me. It gives the appearance of a larger pec/chest. I know that some need a complete flatness after surgery, but that's not what I'm after.

Has anyone just had 1-2cm of skin taken from around the areola, and then brought tight to just take that pointyness away? I should imagine it would be far more cost effective under local and result in less recovery time.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
What you have outlined is definitely NOT the way to go.

If you have "minor" gyne, it can still be challenging in the operating room to get the result exactly right.  And any puffiness can only be due to excess gland under the areola.  All gyne surgery should remove an appropriate amount of that excess gland.

Looking to save money by doing this under local anesthesia?  IMHO, it simply is not worth it.

And finally, when gyne surgery is done properly, the areolar diameters will spontaneously diminish in size and the surrounding skin will tighten.  You do not need a stich around the areola to tighten it.  In fact, you will eventually be far worse off because you will now have a PERMANENT scar around the  entire edge of the areola, it will widen in time and stretch out the areola as well.  You will be back to square one with a poor scar to show for it.

Best recommendation:  consult with a gyne expert in your area or consider traveling for it.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024