Author Topic: Chest/Ribcage Shape  (Read 5134 times)

Offline gynoboy

• Posting Member
has anyone discussed the SHAPE of the ribcage and sternum as a cause of gyne rather than excess fat deposits?

most likely, everyone has a combo of shape + fat, but i feel my ribcage slopes out from my neck and therefore my gyne looks worse.

i already had one lipo procedure that i'm not entirely happy with.

but now i figure, i may never be able to have a "flat" chest, b/c my ribcage/chest bones are just not "straight down"

thoughts?  similar experiences?

thanks for your input

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Waist measurements of 32-34 are medium.  Chest measurements of 38-40 are medium, 42-44 are large and 46-48 extra large.

I have a medium waist but wear extra large shirts and jackets.  My ribcage measurement is 44 inches but at the nipple line 48 inches.

I think that having a large chest makes the breasts less obvious.   But that is only my opinion, you are free to think otherwise.

Having large chest and shoulders also no doubt deters some of the idiots who might otherwise tease.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I  think having a large chest shoulders definately  helps if you have a case of gyno. Apart from people being less likely to give you excrement over it I think it is less noticeable. I fyou are a big guy people will just think you are big in all places if you see what I mean. I remember when i met a girl while having more of a problem in the gyno area :P and when she saw me without a t-shirt off she just said 'ooh I like big chunky men'.I didn't talk about it it she did seem bothered by it one bit.

Even at my worst when i had a moderate case of gyno before the weight loss no one said anything  due to my body shape.I think.Large shoulders narrow hips etc.

I think it is definately worse if you have a slight build and have gyno myself. Some people on this site as well seem to have quite a prominate ribcage that seems to push the gyno out more.Genetics i guess,

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
only thing i can say is about the pectorial muscle shape.

some have it more round.. that would be i, i have oval shaped ones... horrible, the muscle itself is pointy.

and people have nice square ones.

those people are just jerks imo.. hehe

depending how much ur chest cavity sticks out, how coney your pectorial's are shapped...

u might just be genetically predisposed to having boobs.. be it all muscle.

i have been doing incline bench for 3-4 months now, and it definatly helps with the aesthetics of your chest if you are one of the ones with rounder pectorials.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I suspect that my chest still being too large,even minus the actual gyne gland tissue (or the majority of it at least) is possibly due to the shape of my ribcage and/or my slight scoliosis, together with what I think is still too much localized fat?or fibrous spread-out glandular tissue (because I mean I can grab a huge roll/chunk of skin/fat/etc on my chest , between my fingers) , but its real hard to say exactly what is what under there though.....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 04:27:00 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
I suspect that my chest still being too large,even minus the actual gyne gland tissue (or the majority of it at least) is possibly due to the shape of my ribcage and/or my slight scoliosis, together with what I think is still too much localized fat?or fibrous spread-out glandular tissue (because I mean I can grab a huge roll/chunk of skin/fat/etc on my chest , between my fingers) , but its real hard to say exactly what is what under there though.....

it's probalby exactly what i had.  Fat mixxed with gland..

most guys have this.. they have round chests, but dont have pointy nippels, or what you would typically assign as gyno...

my doc told me i didn't have gyno

however taking anti-estrogens shrunk my chest up, and dieting/topical fat burners took care of the fat.

my advice.. if u dont like it that much.  Get to 10% bodyfat.. it's not THAT hard..

then your problem shoudl be quite clear.. gland/fat/rib cage..

if u know nothing about fat%%.. go sign up at your local gym, get a caliper done.. research nutrition/lifting.. whatever and get there.

again, it's really not that difficult

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

it's probalby exactly what i had.  Fat mixxed with gland..

most guys have this.. they have round chests, but dont have pointy nippels, or what you would typically assign as gyno...

my doc told me i didn't have gyno

however taking anti-estrogens shrunk my chest up, and dieting/topical fat burners took care of the fat.

my advice.. if u dont like it that much.  Get to 10% bodyfat.. it's not THAT hard..

then your problem shoudl be quite clear.. gland/fat/rib cage..

if u know nothing about fat%%.. go sign up at your local gym, get a caliper done.. research nutrition/lifting.. whatever and get there.

again, it's really not that difficult

I guess you mean remaining fat interspersed with fibrous gland particles as opposed to gland "nuggets" sitting right on the top (because those are now gone for me)..

I am pretty sure I am quite low body fat% as it is, although I dont wanna have to maintain less than 10% bodyfat ( and keep somewhat dehydrated) for the rest of my life, just to have my chest looking 'acceptably' flat enough.

Im pretty sure that my prob is that there is just too much fat (for someone with a body like mine)localised right there on the chest , which my ps says is the same amount as everywhere else (when he measured with a calliper - BUT I mean if someone (not me , just anyone) has a l tiny ittle bit of a beer gut , does that mean that its fine for them to have little breasts too because its "the same amount of fat"??

I mean I see kinda fat or big,overweight guys all the time, yet still with flat chests, so obviously they must have less fat on the chest than in other areas??? No?

PS : 1 year ago when I went to my gp to get a referral to a ps he also told me I didnt have gyne. go figure

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member

I guess you mean remaining fat interspersed with fibrous gland particles as opposed to gland "nuggets" sitting right on the top (because those are now gone for me)..

I am pretty sure I am quite low body fat% as it is, although I dont wanna have to maintain less than 10% bodyfat ( and keep somewhat dehydrated) for the rest of my life, just to have my chest looking 'acceptably' flat enough.

Im pretty sure that my prob is that there is just too much fat (for someone with a body like mine)localised right there on the chest , which my ps says is the same amount as everywhere else (when he measured with a calliper - BUT I mean if someone (not me , just anyone) has a l tiny ittle bit of a beer gut , does that mean that its fine for them to have little breasts too because its "the same amount of fat"??

I mean I see kinda fat or big,overweight guys all the time, yet still with flat chests, so obviously they must have less fat on the chest than in other areas??? No?

PS : 1 year ago when I went to my gp to get a referral to a ps he also told me I didnt have gyne. go figure

fat guys with no hormone issues/no gyno dont have  boobs because their fat is equally spread out.  They probably have fewer fat cells to begin with, and have somewhat good genetics.

these fat guys are just lazy slobs and probably with effort/different lifestyle can get into shape fairly easily.

but for every fat guy with a flat chest there's like 10 with moobs.

Offline Leo

Hi! Well I have a low chestbone which makes my Gyno more noticable. I have a 3 inch rise to my breasts but with the low chestbone, they are more prominent. Be it good or bad, we were created that way. Leo :-/

Hi,

You might check out the site I link to at the bottom of this email.  It talks about the two most common pectoral/sternum problems...the picture of the 'indented' chest is very extreme and kinda disturbing, so be warned, but the other picture of the 'sloping outward' chest sounds like what you are describing....

and notice that it looks like he has gyne!  I actually had a moderate case of the indented chest that I had fixed when I was 6, and lately I've been trying to gather information on whether or not that surgery/condition was the cause of my gyne....so far no surgeon has responded to my emails.  I'll let you know if one does.

I think it did, but a study of '1' isn't a very good study. :)

cheers!

aquilius

link: http://www.pectus.org/whatis.htm

Breasts do not make you a woman.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

fat guys with no hormone issues/no gyno dont have  boobs because their fat is equally spread out.  They probably have fewer fat cells to begin with, and have somewhat good genetics.

these fat guys are just lazy slobs and probably with effort/different lifestyle can get into shape fairly easily.

but for every fat guy with a flat chest there's like 10 with moobs.

Im just saying that for myself, it is completely unacceptable for my chest (whether fat/muscle/gland tissue/whatever) to be significantly larger and stick out further than my abdomen, and (possibly as a result of having had gyne) will always feel this way, and will further seek to achieve this as best I can surgically.

If I genuinely just had very large pecs that stuck out from being almost entirely muscle, then I guess Id just be cool with that, but since I dont lift any weights period, and also have much soft/squishy tissue surrounding my pec muscles, I suspect that I can get quite a bit flatter with the right surgical approach.

ps. I just think my ps - 9 months ago was very conservative in his approach.. focusing too much on risk minimisation and strict gland bud removal rather than getting a really good contour. ie. a "more masculine looking" contour rather than a "much much flatter" contour.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:02:19 PM by tonysoprano »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024