Author Topic: It's that time of year - well it is in the northern hemisphere.!  (Read 2022 times)

Busted (and happy)

There have been a number of conversations on here over the years regarding bras as regards style and looks v comfort and utility. Personally, I want all four and it is not too difficult to achieve.
At this moment in the year with temperatures rising I feel it is a good time to give lace a shout out. If you either want to get in touch with your feminine side {we all have one}  or just feel up for being daring - even if only because you are too damned hot and sweaty, you could do far worse than try a lacey bra.
Well ventilated and surprisingly supportive if you avoid the modern overstretchy iterations of the fabric.

If you have not yet tried, I dare you!
Anyone up for the challenge?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:52:31 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline blad

I definitely find an unlined bra more practical in the summer, particularly with activity. 

If I sweat wearing an unlined bra it is more likely to dry out on it's own as the day carries on than a contour cup with its lining.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
Not everyone here has a "feminine side", just saying.

Busted (and happy)

Brock
Every man has a feminine side. We all have estrogen in us.
It goes deeper than clothing. It is far deeper than clothing.
I shop a lot in the women's aisle but 99% of folk meeting me would see nothing other than a very heterosexual male with a full set of facial hair. 

Formal and informal psychological tests always show I have a very distinct bias to female attitudes. 
I like to mother as well as father my daughters. I could give many examples but one thing I would not change is laughing AND crying with them. 

I was well over 60 before learning how to cry. It is a very precious gift. 

This site is a very good example. We do not tell seekers of help to "man up" 
pull themselves together and suffer in silence. No! We give advice from the feminine side - to manage our breasts in ways that women, from long experience have found work. 
 Brock you seem to imply that you don't  feel you have a "feminine side". 
You must at least have a "feminine front" or you are in the wrong forum. 

PS. Sorry if you feel I am having a pop at you. No offense intended ....... There goes my feminine apologetic side again! 

aboywithgirls

First. Lace is not just for women. Men used to openly wear garments with lace trim. Lace is also a very practical material for underwear as it breaths far better than anything else. Lace bras and panties are a great option for warmer weather. 

Second. We do all have feminine and masculine sides. I  am living proof. I worked as a mechanic for years wearing men's jeans and work boots to earn a living. Now, I am an office manager at a Breast Care Center and wear a skirt suit or dress 👗 with slingback heels 👠 to earn a living. Same person, different sides of the same coin.

Love yah guys, 
Sophie ❤️ 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member

This site is a very good example. We do not tell seekers of help to "man up" pull themselves together and suffer in silence. 
Quote of the century. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
First. Lace is not just for women. Men used to openly wear garments with lace trim. 
Yeah. Modern day marketing has a lot to answer for, doesn't it. I know that this is a topic that has been discussed over and over, but if only practicality was the most important aspect of clothing, rather than fashion or expected norms.

Orb

This has been discussed before however I feel its good to bring up and revisit older topics form time to time for those that may have missed it.  I know for me there is nothing wrong with wearing a single layer and or lace bra.  Summer or winter.  
I do fine comfort in a T-shirt bra but find the heat trapped in to be to much as I do activities outside in the summer.  Thin and airy is key in the warmer months for sure.
  As for the notion the lace is for woman only I strongly disagree.  I quite enjoy the look and feel of, and it does make me feel good emotionally. Feminine side? Perhaps....well absolutely.  Look at my chest and I see my feminine side.  What only I can see or feel is the way I feel inside.  Mentally.  The simple fact that we have breast means we have to have some level of femininity.  

aboywithgirls

TBH, I believe that there are so many things that men would like to wear, but, aren't currently socially acceptable. Skirts and heels 👠 are great! Skirts are the best for warmer weather and comfortable and convenient. Not all heels are uncomfortable. Most women try to wear a size too small because they don't want to say they have big feet.

Sophie ❤️ 

Offline taxmapper

TBH, I believe that there are so many things that men would like to wear, but, aren't currently socially acceptable. Skirts and heels 👠 are great! Skirts are the best for warmer weather and comfortable and convenient. Not all heels are uncomfortable. Most women try to wear a size too small because they don't want to say they have big feet.

Sophie ❤️
Right.. 

Like capris or leggings! 

Offline Johndoe1

I wear leggings when I jog in the winter and around the house. I love wearing leggings. I have multiple pairs. I understand why women love wearing them. Lightweight but comfortable and modest, warm in the winter. I don't wear them in public like a lot of women do because I don't feel like dealing with the crap that would come along with it. I may change my mind at some point but right now I am in a good place mentally and that's all I care about. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

Sophie ❤️
Right..

Like capris or leggings!
Yes! Capris and leggings too! Nighties and Night gowns either silk, satin, or nylon. The list goes on  and on....

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I wear leggings when I jog in the winter and around the house. I love wearing leggings. I have multiple pairs. I understand why women love wearing them. Lightweight but comfortable and modest, warm in the winter. I don't wear them in public like a lot of women do because I don't feel like dealing with the crap that would come along with it. I may change my mind at some point but right now I am in a good place mentally and that's all I care about.
I have multiple pairs of leggings as well.  I love how comfortable they are and I can see the appeal of them.   I was a bit nervous to wear them out in public, but I do so now without hesitation.   Considering that I always wear a bra and panties, leggings is not a stretch.   I do enjoy wearing them.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
First. Lace is not just for women. Men used to openly wear garments with lace trim. Lace is also a very practical material for underwear as it breaths far better than anything else. Lace bras and panties are a great option for warmer weather.

Second. We do all have feminine and masculine sides. I  am living proof. I worked as a mechanic for years wearing men's jeans and work boots to earn a living. Now, I am an office manager at a Breast Care Center and wear a skirt suit or dress 👗 with slingback heels 👠 to earn a living. Same person, different sides of the same coin.

Love yah guys,
Sophie ❤️
I agree with you Sophie 100%

Busted (and happy)

Yes Orb
Lace is just as comfortable in winter. Strange that! 
Just thought the warmer weather might encourage some are a bit wary of trying. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024