Author Topic: i am soo glad i found this site  (Read 2079 times)

Offline coqui

• Waiting on my stuff!
I never knew of a place where i could share with other people the problems of having gynecomastia. Lately i have been thiking about getting the operation done.
Well here is my story, i am 25 years old, and when i was younger i used to be fat. When i went to high school i decided to lose weight, i went from about 200 to 175. Been at 6 feet high this made me look really skinny, my problem is that my enlarged breast wouldnt go away. I talked with some doctors and they told me that it was just puberty, to wait some time. We, it never left my body!!!

I heard all kinds of cruel jokes all the time, and sometimes i even felt like cutting my chest off, literaly. People are too cruel when it comes to a condition like this. Anyways, fast forward to the present, i am 25. i gained some weight in the last 6 months due to me leaivng the service for good and partying like crazy. Well, now i am back on a diet, i am weighting 200 lbs, but i am hoping that by xmass time i will be 180lbs. Anyways, i was wondering if there is any cream or medication i can use to ocntrol the puffiness of the breast for the time been. I have the problem of my breast getting really pointy thru my shirt and i wanted something to ocntorl that until i have enough money to pay for the operation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  ???

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
OK,  The condition runs in my family.  The Doc told me it would go away without knowing it was a family trait.  Well, I'm 68 yrs old and still waiting for it to go away.

The surgery to reduce men's breasts has only been around for a short time. So, many of us older guys grew up with it. We had no choice! It affects so many men that lots of health care professionals consider it to be statistically normal.

We are all very well aware of the cruel jokes, the teasing and the pinching etc.  If your reaction to such rewards the idiot who is inflicting the torment, it will not only continue but escalate.  My ploy was to turn things around by saying something like "Most people have at least something there, did you miss out?"  People who are truly your friends would rather laugh with you than at you.

Measure around your chest with a very loose tape running over the fullest part of the breast and get that size in shirts. It will probaly be a size larger than you would otherwise wear.

Do not look down at your own chest, or tug at your clothing.  People who would not otherwise notice will look to see what has aroused your attention.

In their desperation to hide or reduce their Gynecomastia;  Guys are sometimes willing to spend a fortune on various Herbs and potions.  The purveyors of these concoctions will cite only anecdotal evidence of their effectiveness.  I know of none that are both safe and effective.   Some can even make things worse.

See your Doctor,  A referral to an Endocrinologist is usually a good idea.  For the majority, Gynecomastia is a nuisance and an embarassment; But nothing more.  The condition can be,  though rarely, a symptom of sever health problems.  

Those of us with this condition are frequently troubled with low self esteem, problems such as social wthdrawal etc.  Do not fall into that pit.  Whatever it takes to keep your attitude positive and your self image good is well worth the effort you may put into it.

After you have made sure that your hormones are OK, that there is not another problem causing the Gynecomastia and your condition is permanent;  It will be time to decide whether it is a condition you can cope with or whether you want surgery to remove or minimize it.  Either way, their is a wealth of help here.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:43:59 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline coqui

• Waiting on my stuff!
thanks, just having a site like this is great. I am able to just drop my deep depressing thoughts about this condition. For the moment i saw the boards and ordered the from allsaints the ANDRACTIM to see if i can lower it, after seeing some pictures (dont want to sound cruel or nothing like that) i can tell my condition is not that bad, is sorta minimum to medium gynecomastia which i might be able to solve with the gel. I am still checking with a doctor so he can give me better advice. I am supossed to receive the gel in next week and i will follow the instructions religiously. Hopefully that will be all that  i need, but i still got the doctor on standby and i will probably get a loan to pay for the operation. Later on i will post the pics so you guys can give me your opinion on it.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024