Author Topic: Post op movie  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Cabron

• Posting Member
Hi
I will have excision somwhere this year,my very concern are the after scars,how bad they will see.So i ask you guys who have done gyno surgery if you have digital cameras that can record movie clips,post some clips with niples and scars of the niples.i have saw pictures but in pic you cant really tell how obvious scars are.Thanks.

DrBermant

Hi
I will have excision somwhere this year,my very concern are the after scars,how bad they will see.So i ask you guys who have done gyno surgery if you have digital cameras that can record movie clips,post some clips with niples and scars of the niples.i have saw pictures but in pic you cant really tell how obvious scars are.Thanks.

All wounds heal with a scar.  Scars are part of the normal healing process.  The question is the extent and nature of the scar.  Scars can be soft and barely noticeable.  They can be on the surface or through the plane of deeper dissection.  Scars can also adhere layers together such that tissue movement is abnormal.

Check out this bad adhesion scar movie that shows a large crater defect.

Here is another movie of another patients with a bad adhesion scar from liposuction alone.

Scars can be normal in color, lighter than normal, or darker than normal.

Scars are a function of the problem treated, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, swelling and bruising after surgery, after care, and how you heal.  I prefer techniques that typically result in minimal scars, those that are as soft as possible and move well during animation.

This movie deals with the emotional scars of living with gynecomastia and the very early results after an internal lift mastopexy chest lift.

I take movies of all of my gynecomastia patients, I have just not had the time to put the typical movies up on the website.

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Limited view demonstrations can pick the best angle to hide deformities and problems.  Such analysis of the results as well as how tissues evolve, the possible need for drains, comfort level after surgery, are important factors in picking your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:58:09 AM by DrBermant »

Offline Spleen

My scar was on the underside of my nipple and it's totally invisible.  Impossible to tell I had surgery.

Offline Cabron

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr Bermant

Spleen - In how much time your scars have healed and they becomed invisible?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Billy....

Excellent post my man. You hit the nail on the head there Dude....

Carbon....

Check out my areola/nipple pics in my Sig file below (last 2 pics). Scars are barely noticeable  ;).    However, take heed to what BillyBoy said about how everyone heals differently and at different rates....!

You also have to keep in mind that Gynecomastic Reduciton Surgery is a 'Fix' and not a 'Cure'.....

Nuff said....  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Cabron

• Posting Member
Thansk gus for the posts.
BillyBoy - you have healed fine,saw your niples pics,scars barelly can see.

Offline Spleen

Thanks Dr Bermant

Spleen - In how much time your scars have healed and they becomed invisible?

Maybe 4 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024