Author Topic: Please comment, my past 6 months or so  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Tompickles

• Posting Member
I'm 18, and this past January I started noticing my nipples were hurting.  They were sensative and hurt if you touched them, and then I noticed a small bump underneath each nipple.  Naturally, I sorta freaked.

I went to 2 doctors, who said everything was normal and it was just hormones acting up.  3 months later, it was still not getting any better and I noticed that my nipples were getting puffier, so I went to another doctor.  He made me get at least 10-14 blood tests involving hormones and everything he could think of that could possibly effect it.

Everything came back normal except high blood sugar(because I ate before the test)...

He also made me get a ultrasound test on my scrotum and on my chest.

Everything came back fine, so he said it was just because I was a late bloomer and going through a stage in puberty or something like that.

So about a month ago (late May) the bumps underneath the nipples went away, as did the pain surrounding it.  They no longer hurt or have any 'disc' or 'bump' underneath the nipple.  But the puffiness and fat surrounding it are still there.

This all came around the same time that hair was growing around my nipples, and high on my legs...so it does seem like I was still in stages of puberty?! I think...

Anyway, please comment.  Is this normal?  Are these test results okay?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline 16yrOld

• Posting Member
Same thing happened to me execpt for the tets and the going away part.  It first started out tender and puffy.  Then got to the puffiest stage and stayed there for a year and a half so far

Offline Tompickles

• Posting Member
so the discs and tenderness is still there?  Because mine went away, but I still have puffy nipples except when cold.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 10:09:48 PM by Tompickles »

Offline Tompickles

• Posting Member
All i want is feedback!! Anyone?

Offline Tompickles

• Posting Member
I would be so extremely happy if that happened.

The only weird part is me being 18, almost 19..but whatever.

Offline jk_2k8

• Posting Member
  • Blah!!!
Time can only tell now Tom. I'm 16 and have had gynecomastia now since I was 12 or 13. The way it started for me was a lot like how it started for you, the tenderness and soreness, etc. etc. The puffiness hasn't went away, but I'm optimistic, ( at least I think I am ), that it will hopefully disappear. So who knows man? Maybe it will disappear for you with time. But in a year or two, go see an endocrinologist, if tests come back normal I'd consider surgery. Consider it, not do it at that point, but think about it. But you do not have to do it if it seems too risky.

jk_2k8

P.S. - If the puffiness is still there, and only disappears when you pinch your nipple or when it's cold, the discs underneath are still there. It may feel like fat, but I assure you if it's puffy now still, the discs (gland) are there.

P.S.S. - Heck, some of the guys on here have had it for over 20 years even! Not trying to scare you... ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 03:37:51 PM by jk_2k8 »
Gyne since: 13
When's surgery: My 18th B-Day

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024