Author Topic: can gyno slow u down?  (Read 2141 times)

Offline kingguarna23

• Bronze Member
i know this might sound like a dumb question , but is there anyway that gyno can slow you down as an athlete , prevent you from reaching your goals in sprinting? ..

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Interesting question. There are a lot of variables.As the weight of gyne most probably varies from case to case. I reckon if you have a somewhat large case it would interfere with your performance as it does women, ie being aerodynamic ;Die breasts getting in the way. Plus I would think it would cause discomfort as well.Which is the reason women wear sports bras.  

If you have chest fat it probably weighs some too.

That said if you have a minor or a puffy nip case which is just a bit of gland that sits on top of your pecs I can't see how it would at all to be honest. Iam  not too sure how much gland weighs but I guess not much. I myself run with a very  small amount of gland and I have cracking times for a mile.

Probably talking out of me arse but my twopennies worth.  

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
I agree with worrier. Even though some cases of gyno have been really bad...none usually equal up to the chest size of a real woman. They really shouldnt weigh you down. Im a thai boxer (amateur) and it has never posed a problem at all.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 06:30:51 PM by usernameX »
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

DrBermant

i know this might sound like a dumb question , but is there anyway that gyno can slow you down as an athlete , prevent you from reaching your goals in sprinting? ..

I have seen many male patients with very large breasts.  Some of them have complained that the mass of their breasts was an issue for performance during sports that involved bouncing.  Momemtum is an issue for any mass of tissue.  For women there are sports bras for stabilization and additional support.  Men with breasts are often embarassed with such a garment.  A  male chest compression shirt is another option, but any garment can be hot to wear.

After surgery, I have had patients tell me that they felt much better with activities, especially ones that resulting in bouncing.  However, nobody has ever told me that their track times were improved.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think it effects your mechanics. What I mean by that is your range of motion, the flow of your movements, etc...

Athletes are human. We all dwell on our gyne to one degree or another (some way more than others).

Focus, concentraton and confidence are crutial in sports. If your focus is on your gyne while you're playing, you're not 100% focused on the game and therefore, yes, it would make you less effective.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 06:17:19 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024