Author Topic: Drying of the areola  (Read 1764 times)

Offline inquestion

• Posting Member
Anyone else experience an extreme dryng of the areola?
I tried googling this, and it talks about women lactating, or Paget Disease of the breast.
No reference for a male, although is says male have been able to get Pagets.
I also see the appearance of bumpish skin on the areola.
What may be consideed Montgomery Glands, I guess...

I originally noticed this when I was drinking alot of caffeine. Yerba Mate to be exact, and seemed to be just a sign of dehydration. Also I felt it might be due to having dry skin in general. but it doesnt seem to be proportionate to the rest of my skin (the dryness).
anyone know what this might mean?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 10:25:38 AM by inquestion »

Offline donny

I have this same problem... Somtimes mine get so dry they crack, I find using vaseline on them at night when I go to bed helps tremendously.  I too drink enormous amounts of caffiene too.. maybe  a reason too???  Have you heard of this condition being caused by a micro scopic tumor in the brain?  Not a melignant tumor but a very microscopic tumor that blocks somthing that makes your breast enlarge?  My doctor was telling me about a study done that has shown this... Just curious if anyone else has heard of it.

Offline inquestion

• Posting Member
no, I have not heard of that...  :(

a tumor..
doesnt sound very good.
I might want to ask about that.  ???
I havent been drinking alcohol or smoking or anything really (except maybe the caffeine, but I have cut down to a couple of cups of tea in the morning, no coffee) to feed any possible causes for this (or the gyne in general) and it seems to be getting worse faster than before. I can honsetly say that the changes that have appeared in the last 6 months have been more noticeable than the last 6 years.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:50:26 PM by inquestion »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024