Author Topic: Endo Results - Freaked out! Please help  (Read 2899 times)

Offline abc321

• Posting Member
Hello Everyone,

I am 22/m, 5"11, 185lbs.  I smoke marijuana, drink often (mostly socially on weekends, but a few drinks on weekdays, or sometimes I go out and party on weekdays too), and do a few recreational drugs here and there.  I also exercise fairly regularly. For the last year, I began to notice some gyne, as well as my muscle tone going down and getting excess fat. I went to the ENDO who ordered blood work, and I had the results faxed to me today and I am freaked out. Here are the results of anything abnormal; most concerning to me is my estrogen, and I do NOT use steroids.

Glucose -- 101 -- normal range 65-99
ALT (SGPT) - 64 -- normal range 3-60  (apparently an indicator of liver function)
Total Estrogen - 189 -- Normal range 130 or less

So my estrogen is MUCH higher, apparently, then normal, which explains the gyne and loss of muscle tone.  I looked on the internet, and could not find much except that it will be either pituitary tumors, adrenal tumors, or liver failure????? My next endo appointment is in a couple weeks, and I am losing sleep and having a lot of anxiety over the fact that I may have a life threatening illness. Is there any other explanation for my excess estrogen other than the fact that I have a horrible disease???  Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
Did you just recently started to get gynecomastia? I had it since I was about 13.

Offline abc321

• Posting Member
I may have had it slightly when I was a teenager, but it has become much more prominent in the last year or so.   

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
It could have something to do with the pot. I believe the doctor can level your estrogen and testosterone back to normal. But they will probably need to find out what caused this. I know pot messes with the levels. I  don't know if alcohol has a huge impact on it.

Offline xxxxxxxxxx

• Bronze Member
Please place the units behind those numbers since i dont know what it's measured in. I assume mg/dl

Did you check

testosterone
SHGB
prolactine

I find it odd the endocrinologists didnt order these results as well

high estrogent levels in males can cause sexual dysfunction, including reduced interest in sex and difficulty maintaining an erection so unless you're planning to have sex this isnt a problem.
It can cause breast enlargement ,unless you are bothered by gynaecomastia, which i assume you are because otherwise you wouldnt be here.

But a life treatenting disease. I doubt it. dont panic !!!!!!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:34:41 PM by xxxxxxxxxx »

Offline abc321

• Posting Member
Hello, and thank you for your reply.

Estrogen = 189 pg/ml (normal range 130 or less)
TSH = 1.33 mIU/L (normal range 0.4-5.5)
Testosterone = 570 mg/dL (normal range 241-827)
Prolactine = 15.4 mg/mL (normal range 2-18)

I could not find anything in my report about SHGB

Thank you!

Offline rocknroll316

• Bronze Member
Aren't there estrogen blocker and testosterone booster pills at GNC?

Offline abc321

• Posting Member
I am not so worried about the effects of the estrogen, as I am the cause of the excess estrogen at this point.

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
Cut out the pot, alcohol and start walking and eating better.  You're borderline diabetic also.

If you do that, I would bet good odds that everything evens out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024