Author Topic: when is too late for cortisone injections?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline sd84

Hi. This is my first post. I had surgery to excise the gland in November last year. Ive had no follow up since then. I thought that the internal  scar tissue would resolve itself as i was told but it has remained  very noticable to the point where i still look like a have gyno. I am fairly lean. When i had the surgery there was no lipo performed. But on one side i can notice some fat/ breast tissue. The gyno was caused by AAS. My question is will cortisone  or some other injection  work at this point or do i need revision? Im concerned  that revision will just result in the same scar tissue forming under the nip. Any help would be appreciated

Offline terre

• Bronze Member
Hi
Interesting subject, I am there myself too, handling with scar tissue.
A note about your surgery, you say there was no lipo done, do you know if they still used a lipo cannula to loosen the skin around the nipple/breast? I have read from doctors that that could be important for the skin to re-distribute. Was your chest flat after surgery?
About how long you can wait before kenalog shots, I am not sure, I think most doctors want you to wait atleast 4 months after surgery before a possible kenalog shot, however I do not know if it could ever be too late to have one, I presume not, hope a doctor here can give input.
Wish you the best

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024