Author Topic: FYI- Compression Vest Vs. Under Armor Type Shirt  (Read 10973 times)

Offline Florida Guy

• Posting Member
I see quite a bit of posts here about the two garments and I've had gyno surgery three times.

I'm sitting here in a compression vest post surgery by a few hours.
I wore an under armor shirt (two sizes too small on purpose) after my last gyno surgery.

Hand's down, the compression vest wins by a long shot for compression and overall support of the area.
I would strongly reccomend that anyone considering the two (like I did last time) go with an actual compression vest at least for several weeks before moving to an underarmor type shirt.

And furthermore, yes, they both will make a serious differance with fluid buildup.

Just my opinion based on actual experience.
Gyno surgery three times

DrBermant

I see quite a bit of posts here about the two garments and I've had gyno surgery three times.

I'm sitting here in a compression vest post surgery by a few hours.
I wore an under armor shirt (two sizes too small on purpose) after my last gyno surgery.

Hand's down, the compression vest wins by a long shot for compression and overall support of the area.
I would strongly reccomend that anyone considering the two (like I did last time) go with an actual compression vest at least for several weeks before moving to an underarmor type shirt.

And furthermore, yes, they both will make a serious differance with fluid buildup.

Just my opinion based on actual experience.

I agree and found out many years ago that these After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garments offer a quantum improvement over any other garment that I have evaluated to date. Proof is in my ability to post early after surgery pictures showing typical my typical Swelling and Bruising after Male Breast Reduction. I prefer to offer my patients a system of education, surgery, and after surgery methods instead of having patients having to discover for themselves what they need for their care.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is no doubt that a snug compression vest will be better than an UnderArmour shirt.  However, the combination of the two together results in even more compression that either one alone.  And it is my firm opinion (pardon the pun) that post-op compression will hasten the overall recovery and yield a better result.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Frank Reynolds

• Posting Member
Any idea where to get the second stage compression garments in Toronto?  They are difficult to track down.  Any help is appreciated!

DrBermant

Any idea where to get the second stage compression garments in Toronto?  They are difficult to track down.  Any help is appreciated!

We provide our many Canadian Gynecomastia Patients with their compression garments in our office. Otherwise you can find Second Stage Gynecomastia Compression Garments here.  I have not seen these garments are not available in brick front stores.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024