Author Topic: My doctor told me I could workout...  (Read 2449 times)

Offline JCKey618

• Posting Member
Only a week and half after surgery. Like 10 days, and it has been. He said 'put it this way, you can do whatever doesn't hurt'

Some people here suggest 3-4 weeks before working out. Well, I worked legs yesterday and felt find. I'm going to work biceps and triceps today and will probably take a day off tomorrow, back on tuesday and end up doing chest thursday, 2 weeks after surgery.

I mean, as long as I follow his advice and don't do anything that hurts I should be fine, right? Cus he said there was no muscle damage or anything and that 'technically' I could workout 2 days after surgery (you know if I didn't have the bandages and the pain and nausea). Also, yesterday while in the gym I tried a machine chest press with low weight to just see how the movement felt and it felt fine...

DrBermant

Only a week and half after surgery. Like 10 days, and it has been. He said 'put it this way, you can do whatever doesn't hurt'

Some people here suggest 3-4 weeks before working out. Well, I worked legs yesterday and felt find. I'm going to work biceps and triceps today and will probably take a day off tomorrow, back on tuesday and end up doing chest thursday, 2 weeks after surgery.

I mean, as long as I follow his advice and don't do anything that hurts I should be fine, right? Cus he said there was no muscle damage or anything and that 'technically' I could workout 2 days after surgery (you know if I didn't have the bandages and the pain and nausea). Also, yesterday while in the gym I tried a machine chest press with low weight to just see how the movement felt and it felt fine...

Return to working out after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, bruising, how you heal, and other factors.  This is real surgery and the body needs time to heal itself.  Such issues should be taken up with your doctor who is more familiar with you particular situation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Anyway, to the original poster... I think it really is best to do what your body tells you. If you are doing something and feel any pain, stop. If you can work out without any pain at all, then by all means continue.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:58:59 PM by Gyn.org »

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
The only reason I suggest 3-4 weeks for upper-body is so that you don't tear / strain any of the newly formed tissue.  Sure you could do it after 10 days if you feel able, but it wouldn't kill you to wait another couple weeks just to ensure the new tissue is durable enough to handle it.

Waiting is just a safety measure many of us take/have taken.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline JCKey618

• Posting Member
I worked bis/tris/forearms today and my chest felt fine. I'm going to wait till thursday for chest so it will have been a full 2 weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024