Author Topic: Underworks 997 help!  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
How do I get the ruddy thing on? lol  Came in the post today.  I have nearly killed myself trying to pull it over.  I got the right size (it might even be almost a size above my normal).   Do any of you have any special techniques?  Or am I just going to have to force my way in  :D

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
First put your head in the appropriate hole... Next, bring in your entire forearm including elbow, then force that along with the rest of your arm through the arm hole.  3rd, Repeat 2nd step with second arm.  4th, pull the body down over your torso.  5th, rest for a few minutes because you're worn out.  It's not easy at first, but you'll get used to it.    :)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
hehe thanks Mr Nip!  I think i'm going to have to psyc myself up lol!

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
blimey! that was a workout in itself, but managed to get it on.  Was very odd looking at myself in mirror with t-shirt on with a flat chest!  Great to see.  Also gives me an idea of what the results might be like when (if) I get surgery.  Not sure I would feel comfortable wearing out for an evening drinking etc for fear people might see it and start asking questions, although at first glance I suppose it dos look very vest like.  However, at the gym it would work a treat I think.  Which is great because I have been avoiding the gym because of the need to wear a t-shirt.

All in all I am pleased!

/ramble off  :D

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I personally found it easier to put the 997 on by stepping into it and pulling it up over my body. 
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I struggled like hell when I first got mine.. took me about an hour to get in the thing hahhaa.. it's all about technique though.

The way I do it is to lift my arms above my head put both through the arm holes then slide it down over my head so the whole vest is bunched up around my neck then roll then vest down enough to get my arms down to pull it on fully... it works for me anyways. Getting it off in the same sort of manner.

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
How comfortable do you chaps feel wearing it in the compnay of others?  Are you concerned people will see it?  Ask questions?  Has anyone ever asked questions?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

I bought mine about 4 months prior to my surgery to find out just what it would be like to have a flat chest again.  When I got it on it was tight but when I looked in the mirror it brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.  I looked normal again and only fellow sufferers will ever understand how that feels.

The 997 was pretty well undetectable under any clothes and I would wear it on social occasions just because it made me feel good.  No one ever noticed it and if they had done I would have said it was to correct a pulled muscle.  Granted at the end of a day it was pinching under the armpits but it was a small price to pay for feeling normal.

I had my surgery over 7 months ago and I although I still have a little healing left to do, I will never forget the nightmare gynecomastia gave me.  I looked upon the compression vest as a way of seeing how I would look with a flat chest again prior to the surgery and to give me the vital compression I needed after the surgery itself.  It was a temporary solution to hiding my problem; I couldn’t have worn it long term.  Surgery was the only real answer for me.

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
you are echoing my thoughts.  cheers Time!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
How comfortable do you chaps feel wearing it in the compnay of others?  Are you concerned people will see it?  Ask questions?  Has anyone ever asked questions?

Not very comfortable to be honest. Altho I won't go out without it on... it makes me look 100 times better but I just can't get my head to believe it. I still wear jumpers, but if I really must, I can take it off without as much worry. I wear shirt around the house more now and outside and sometimes to the shops. I'm very paranoid at work that someone will see it as i do a physical job .. im not sure what id  say if someone did... maybe say its a slimming vest that helps you lose weight? i dunno, id rather say that then what it really is.

my mum saw it but i changed the subject and walked off..

its definetly a great help, but psychologically im still conscious. but as i say, i wont go out without one on!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024