Author Topic: Surgery in Europe - UK costs too much  (Read 3354 times)

Offline nearlythere

• Posting Member
After reading these forums I realised I can't afford the cost of the surgery in the UK (around 3.5-4k). I would appreciate some feed back on where else to have the surgery performed as it’s around 1-1.5k cheaper. I have come across a guy called Jesus Benito in Barcelona but there isn't too much info on him around here. I've also read about surgery in Poland but ive been put off this idea and wouldn’t mind paying a little bit extra. So any input on surgeons in Europe would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

nearlythere

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

There is a patient who posts on these boards under the name of Outertrial who had his surgery done in Barcelona.  It appears you have the initial consultation and the post op check ups here in the UK but the surgery in Spain.  The price was significantly less than the UK surgeons.  Here is a link to one of his posts:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9124.0.html

If he doesn’t respond directly to this post of yours maybe you could send him a Private Message.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hey dude ,

how's it going?

Sorry for not beign on the site for ages n ages......i've been showing my new nipples off...lol

Ok - don't be put off by poland or eastern europe because there is still tons of clinics over there.I found a few in latvia and other places....just check that they are accredited by the american society of surgeons...ask for copies of their certs if u are unsure....do a lot of research, find the clinic, do more research....and if nobody else has been but you have a good vibe - be bold and go for it!!!
good luck whatever you decide!

mark

Offline outertrial

Hey Bro

Ill answer your PM here if thats OK.

I came across Dr Benito by filling out one of those webforms for cosmetic surgery abroad. You state what you want done and a few clinics then contact you about it. There was a South African outfit as well that seemed fine but I didnt want to go outside the EU. Dr Benitos clinic is also recommended by that Linda Briggs site as far as I know.

I waited 3 or 4 months after the consult before having the op but that was because I was steeling myself to have it done. If you want it done asap they can fit you in within a month or sooner, cancellations allowing, I believe. Theres no money down so you can change the date or your mind if you want. When you get there you have to pay with a sterling bankers draft and GBP on the day.

As far as scarring goes the incisions are about a centimetre and a half each. Usually this is in the armpit and the gland excised by long scissor things. Everyone scars differently, both internally and externally,  theres nothing the surgeon or you can do about it really. Mine are hypertrophic at the moment (bumpy) but even if they were keloid the incision is very small. Dr Benito told me to get something called Dermatix  to put on.

I thought post op care (customer service) was fine, but I didnt have any problems/complaints to test them much with. I saw Dr Benito a couple of weeks after in Harley Street to have the stitches out and again a few months later so he could take photos. He continued to answer my emails for the odd quiry I had after the op and wrote to my GP for me when I asked. So good really.

You're meant to massage until the chest goes soft, its quite hard for some weeks after, and they give you a compression vest to wear for a month or so.

Any more queries just ask, I check in here most days, or PM me like you did as that goes to my email address.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
i went to Poland and im a happy chappy :D
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
i went to poland and i got stopped at the airport trying to smuggle in my new wives :)

Offline tuscan440

• Posting Member
have you considered india, i am in EXACTLY the same boat so anythin positive u hear will be good news to me also! i have got some quotes from indian surgeons, and that come in at around £1700 excluding flight, but everything else all in. i think people have a 'dirty'  image of india which is off putting but bearing in mind that india has some ofthe worlds leading surgeons i think it has great potential. i am currently talking to forerunnershealthcare and they seem very professional. however i guess time will only tell!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024