Author Topic: I'm really confused  (Read 2884 times)

Offline CanadaCraig

• Posting Member
Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

I'll admit - I'm really confused. I've been reading many of the already posted messages and in some of those messages a fellow member will courageously post photos of his chest in an attempt to find out for sure if what he has is truly gynecomastia - or not.  And some members will reply by saying things like, "Yes - that's definitely gynecomastia." But how can anyone be that sure? Does pseudogynecomastia LOOK different gynecomastia?

Also - on some websites - I'm told how a guy can examine himself by using his thumb and finger and feeling for a rubbery, semi-hard 'mass'. IF they feel that 'mass' then THAT is proof that they have gynecomastia. But others suggest that even THAT isn't really proof for fat can also feel like a semi-hard 'mass'.

Like I said - I'm confused. If anyone can enlighten me - I'd appreciate it.

I have to admit - whenever I read what some of you have gone through with having a larger chest - I feel like crying for I can empathize. Here I am - 44 years old and haven't had my shirt off in public for 35 years or so. And I haven't had any sexual contact with anyone for over a decade. I could never be 'on top' with anyone and have my chest hang above them. [I'm sure some of you can relate to that] Every single day I tug on my shirt probably a thousand times in a desperate attempt to keep my shirt from taking on my shape. On January 1st, 2007 I weighed 264 lbs. I now weigh about 210 lbs. I probably have another 20 lbs to go. My chest is smaller than it was - that's for sure - but not small enough for me to take my shirt off yet. [IF anyone is around]

I suppose what I fear most is that I DO have gynecomastia and that my only option will be to have surgery. I just KNOW I my heart that I would be that 1 in million guy that ends up being horribly disfigured somehow. Oh well..

Glad you're all here.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!! :)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Gynecomastia means "woman's breasts".  It has more to do with appearance than amount of gland.  Almost every male has an element of gland in the chest.  Sometimes it's massive and hard, while sometimes it's spread out through fat and softer.  Sometimes there's a lot of fat and sometimes there's not, while the gland produces puffed out nipples.  Like women's breasts, our gynecomastia can take on many shapes and sizes.  From what you've said, I don't have any doubt that you have gynecomastia.  Now you just need to research and decide what, if anything, you intend to do about it.   Your fear of a botched surgery shouldn't keep you from researching it.  That risk is greatly minimized by choosing a surgeon who's experienced in gynecomastia, while greatly increased by going to a surgeon who's not.  Do your homework on PS's and look at before/after pictures of men they have operated on. 

BTW, My story is similar to yours.  I didn't find out about this until after my 42nd birthday, though I had suffered in lonely silence since I was around 9 years old.  I had the surgery and have just this year started living the life I deserve.  Many of us can relate to your situation, so you're not alone here.  Search the site and ask a lot of questions.  You'll get the answers you're looking for.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I could never be 'on top' with anyone and have my chest hang above them. [I'm sure some of you can relate to that]

[hand up][/hand up]    Ooooh, Ooooh, Ooooh Mr Kotter!!!   ;)

Great post Nip!  x2....

It really doesn't matter what the gland/fat tissue ratio is. If you have 'Woman-like Breasts' (Gynecomastia), and are psychologically suffering from the condition, seek medical help ASAP!

BTW.... Congrats on your weight loss!  :)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024