Author Topic: Dating a doctor  (Read 7128 times)

Offline geiri7

• Posting Member
Hi all, I had gyno surgery about a year ago only lipo and I have a little scar at the side of each chest I frankly dont care about the looks of it, however it raises questions and in most cases I make up some bullsxxx and girls dont ask about it again, but now Im dating this girl I really like and of all things she is a doctor, i cant lie to her, and saying to a girl : yeah I got fat sucked out of my chest because I had breasts isnt very appealing. Any advice here ? Anyone who has had similar experience ?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If the scars are small, you can tell a little "white" lie by saying you had a mole removed by a doctor (the scars from mole removal would be the same).

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
www.gynecomastiasurgery.com
815 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10021
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline geiri7

• Posting Member
yeah but at both sides of equal size and everything... and they are a bit big and still have redness in them and even one of them looks brand new because I got laser therapy on the scars which by the way didnt do shit, and one time the stupid nurse put to much strength in the laser or somehting and burned me a new scar on top of the old one.
So mole removal would be out of the question im afraid

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
If this lady is a physician, then my first thought is she is unlikely to be affected by the truth. In fact, if you want to score points with her, be honest. Tell the truth if she asks cuz the truth always comes out in the end. And hiding something like this from a physician probably won't survive very long. If she is worth dating, she won't drop you cause you took responsibilty and solved a legitimate problem. But she might drop you if she finds out you made misrepresentations to her. Misrepresentations like Dr. Jacobs just encouraged you to make, which is why I am dropping Dr. Jacobs from my list of potential surgeons.

Seriously Dr. Jacobs. Would you tell me a white lie to get my business?    

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
 I would definitely just tell her the truth.... but it's all in how you word it.... don't act like you're embarrassed to tell her or sound like you're fessing up and say "yeah i used to have man boobs... and these scars are from where the boob suction happened"... i'd just say.... "i had some gland removed from my chest a while ago..." before she can shoot any questions at you..... "i tried getting rid of these damn scars with laser treatment but that just made it worse! brutal hey!...".... and shift the conversation to the scarring... she may even know of a better way to treat that!.. who knows

anyways.. good luck :)

Offline outertrial

If this lady is a physician, then my first thought is she is unlikely to be affected by the truth. In fact, if you want to score points with her, be honest. Tell the truth if she asks cuz the truth always comes out in the end. And hiding something like this from a physician probably won't survive very long. If she is worth dating, she won't drop you cause you took responsibilty and solved a legitimate problem. But she might drop you if she finds out you made misrepresentations to her. Misrepresentations like Dr. Jacobs just encouraged you to make, which is why I am dropping Dr. Jacobs from my list of potential surgeons.

Christ, lighten up. He's starting out with a girl and he doesnt want to get into a conversation about his  gynecomastia op at the outset. Its not exactly grand fraud.

Offline Don Won I

• Bronze Member

Christ, lighten up. He's starting out with a girl and he doesnt want to get into a conversation about his  gynecomastia op at the outset. Its not exactly grand fraud.

Exactly. It's not that serious. Who in the hell wants to tell a girl they like that they had breasts? I mean, really. I've had plenty of doctors help me stretch the truth in order to protect my privacy. It doesn't make me think any less of them.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Im dating this girl I really like and of all things she is a doctor, i cant lie to her, and saying to a girl : yeah I got fat sucked out of my chest because I had breasts isnt very appealing. Any advice here ?

1) How old are you?

2) How old is this Doctor you like

3) What field is your 'Doctor' friend in? Medicine?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If the scars are small, you can tell a little "white" lie by saying you had a mole removed by a doctor (the scars from mole removal would be the same).

Shes a doc herself, dont u think that if she catches u in a little lie lie i hada mole or something removed she will start to wonder what else will he lie about.....yup chicks are like that i would put money on it that she wont care if you are hoents but if she catches u in the lie she will always wonder...

I guess this is an issue of ETHICS huh?   :P

My Parents taught me that 'Honesty' is the best policy...  ;)

To each his own I guess eh?

GB
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 09:17:58 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
Skyhawk...wow I think that there is a HUGE difference in a doctor suggesting a cover story for a surgery that someone finds embarrassing and a doctor lying to get business.  To think that because Dr Jacobs suggests a cover story to someone that wants it means that he is willing to lie to a potential patient about surgery in order to get their business is probably taking a little too big of a leap.

Just my opinion...of course you need to feel comfortable with whichever doc you choose, so if it makes you uncomfortable that is your prerogative.

Offline brad_titt

• Posting Member
what about a tattoo or two?!

Offline geiri7

• Posting Member
To Granpa Bambu

Im 26 years old and she is 27, we actually are just dating nothing has happened I just get questions about the scars from each girl I sleep with more then once, and if something happens with her she will defently ask about them.

But what annoys me also is that the scars are more then year old and they still look they same, no diffirence in color or size

Offline Grandpa Bambu

geiri7...

When and if your doctor friend asks about your gynecomastic scars, just be honest with her my man. Do you think that she will up and run away from you? Do you think that she will want nothing more to do with you because you have a couple of small scars on your chest? I hardly think so dude. Most women appreciate honesty and pretty much 'expect' it from you when in a relationship. And... As 'joker' mentioned, if she catches you in the lie, she will always wonder if you are telling the truth about other things. One lie leads to anohter...

As for your scars being noticeable... That's one of the risks of surgery dude. Surgeon skill, placement of the incision, suture technique and how your body heals, are all factors of surgery results. Be it good or bad. It's just something you'll have to come to terms with. There's no sense in being angry at this point. It's a done deal. You can't put the clock back. If people notice, and ask you about them, tell them the truth. Tell them that you had Gynecomastia and that you had it removed. Then move on...

GB

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Geiri7,  I can certainly understand your concerns, but I have to side with Grandpa bambu that "honesty is the best policy." I wouldn't bring the subject up, but if she asks, you can save yourself alot of embarrasment by being honest. She is a physician, and you aren't going to be able to pull the wool over her eyes with two obvious gyne surgery scars.

Just relax. Take your focus off the scars. Focus on her. Show her that you care about her. Above all have entegrity, and she will look right past any physical defects.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Just relax. Take your focus off the scars. Focus on her. Show her that you care about her. Above all have entegrity, and she will look right past any physical defects.

Wise words... ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024