Author Topic: Medical question concerning breast glands  (Read 8354 times)

Offline saile

• Posting Member
1. Does a 'normal male breast contain any glands at all?

2. under my skin over the pecs, there are, except from the big gathering of glandular tissue under the nipple, glands here and there, not protruding though, is that normal?

3. Do such glands have any function in the male?

4. During a surgery, is it only the gland tissue under the nipple that is removed, or also glands that are spread out in other places around the pecs?

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
those are some good questions, someone please answer them!
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

DrBermant

1. Does a 'normal male breast contain any glands at all?

2. under my skin over the pecs, there are, except from the big gathering of glandular tissue under the nipple, glands here and there, not protruding though, is that normal?

3. Do such glands have any function in the male?

4. During a surgery, is it only the gland tissue under the nipple that is removed, or also glands that are spread out in other places around the pecs?

All men have at least some remnant of breast gland tissue under the nipple areola complex. This gland tissue is the same as for women to produce milk for a baby.  However, in women, hormones force breast gland growth.  First during puberty and for many later during pregnancy to provide nutrition for a baby.  Mens breast glands do not typically get that stimulation and remain tiny structures with no function (that we know of).

These glands concentrate and typically connect to the nipple.  This glandular tissue can spread finger like through the fat to various degrees as seen here. Roll your cursor over the purple arrows to see what I mean.  I have seen glandular elements that were so small that they essentially were not palpable to glands in men that some women would envy for breast size.  Normally such gland tissue is connected.  In some cases it is not.  There are more things under the skin and over the muscle that can be firm.  Fat although typically soft, can also be firm and nodular.

Getting off topic, but to be more specific, there are other glands of the chest (male and female).  These are the glands of the skin such as sebaceous and Montgomery's tubercles. These additional glands produce lubrication for the skin.  Montgomery's tubercles also called Montgomery's glands enlarge during pregnancy are typically on the areola, number about 4 to 30 per areola, and can rarely possibly produce milk.

Just what is removed during surgery really depends on the actual problem, the surgeon, the technique, and other factors best discussed with your doctor.  You can see many different examples of what I have removed on my website.  Take some time and go through the entire gynecomastia section, and you will have a better idea about the possible variations.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Dr B I just wanted to thank you for offering such sound information to this board. I know everyone here appreciates your contribution.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024