Author Topic: paying 3600$, is this good?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
it's in my town's medical clinic, how can I make sure this guy will not botch me? does that price seem right?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's a good price, but is he a board-certified plastic surgeon?  being a general surgeon, no matter how skilled, does not cut it (sorry for the pun).  generalists think they can slice anywhere, a cut's a cut.  a ps hides the scar on an areola edge or lipo from a point under the shoulders.  a generalist will also have no idea about techniques to avoid cratering and generally achieve as close to normal as possible.  if this guy's done lots of these (five doesn't count), i'd have real second thoughts. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
Yeah he is an actual plastic surgeon. And he explained the excision would be right at the bottom border of the nipple, so these are good signs?

Offline headheldhigh01

yes to both so far.  and if he's done this a lot before, better. 

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
perfect price..just make sure he does the excission of the gland.do not under anycircumstance get lypo alone because you will regret it like I did for my first surgery...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Note that the supporting Drs. here usually include their certification in their address.

There are many Drs. who practice cosmetic surgery, some of them do it full time, but they are not certified by an appropriate board.

A GP who attended a seminar on breast implants is not a cosmetic surgeon. Certification takes years.

A good surgeon will not be offended that you are checking this, But a hack will probably get highly pissed.

This is not rocket science, for starters you could simply look at his business card. You are already on the internet, it too is a good place to check.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

perfect price..just make sure he does the excission of the gland.do not under anycircumstance get lypo alone because you will regret it like I did for my first surgery...
in most cases this will be true, but there are some where lipo only is ok.  if in doubt, get the doc to confirm that he would be ready to do an excision if he finds it's necessary, because you can't always tell beforehand. 

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
TTT -- did you see photos of this surgeons' work?

How many men does the surgeon operate each year? 

I second everything the others have said about certification. 

Your surgeon said that he is definitely going to cut under the nipple?  I am no expert but I thought that surgeons tried to get it out from under the arm first and if the tissue was too dense, the excision under the nipple would be necessary.

What part of the country are you in? 

Offline tttrolled

• Posting Member
I live in Riverside, California. Southern California. I live in a very modern city.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
When it comes to choosing a Dr., it should not be solely based on price. You should expect it to be between $3500-$5500, depending on the severity of your case and what is needed, but the biggest questions you need to get answered are:

1. Is the Dr. certified by the ASPS? (If he/she is not certified, you should not be considering surgery from them)

2. How many procedures does he/she perform per year? (If the Dr. is performing less than 50 per year, he/she is going to be less experienced than a Dr. who is performing 100 per year. You want someone with more experience.)

3. Does the Dr. have before/after photo's of procedures? (The Dr. should have plenty of photo's and references to give you)

4. Do you feel comfortable with everything he/she has told you about the procedure? (Sometimes, you have to trust your gut feeling)

I hope that this helps in your decision.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are fortunate to live where you do. Within an hours drive of Riverside, there are so many good surgeons that your problem will not be finding a good one but deciding which one.

I'll second what was previously said about price. Obviously cost is an issue, but it should be a lesser issue. The certification and experience of the surgeon are much more important.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:53:56 AM by Paa_Paw »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024