Author Topic: ohhh the dilemma...  (Read 1950 times)

Offline chipsmagee

• Posting Member
 hello all, ive had gynecomastia from a young age, im now 31. its only bothered me for around a year now (believe it or not) where ive lightened up on the weights and started doing a lot more running and bag work etc. where its had the desired effect on my health its had the opposite effect on my chest!!! the gyno is more visable than ever now and ive been finding it more and more embarressing to undress infront of my missus eventhough she tells me my chest looks fine lol. so heres the dilemma i seriously want surgery but can i really justify spending £4000 on cosmetic surgery just to make me happyer when i have a family with kids and in all honesty i cant afford it? i probebly sound like the gyno doesnt bother me but it does and im just curious to know if anyone is or has been in the same boat?? thanks in advance for all replys  :)

Offline as400

• Silver Member
In my opinion:

If you have financial commitments you are struggling to meet, if there are things your kids need like clothing/books etc then you need to spend money on those items first.

You always should have some emergency money instore for life's little unexpected moments.

If your happy that your meeting your financial commitments and can continue to do so then spend that £4k and get yourself the way you want to be!

Sometimes you have to put yourself first, its your life and you should be happy with it.

You might be surprised how positive you will feel after 'the change', this isn't just a physical thing its very much a psychological improvment as well that can yield unexpected benefits.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline chipsmagee

• Posting Member
 i dont have anything specific that my kids need at right now and i do have some savings but the rest would probebly be bank loan of some kind, im just feeling its a bit selfish considering the amount of money involved and its not like id pay for the surgery and forget about the money,  id be paying it off for years lol. maybe its somthing to think about in years to come when im a bit more financially stable (hopfully), if i can wait that long   :)

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
bare in mind your looking closer to £4800 in reality when you include travel/hotel stays etc. And time off work perhaps?

Im on 15k a year and managed to get the whole amount in 4 months! but im in the lucky no sprogs to care for. If youve got some savings i say go for it! Just have a look over your finances there might be some things you can cut back on. And so what if your paying it off over a few years? If its a managable amount then thats not a problem

I dont think your kids would begrudge you (not that theyd know though) , if it was my old man id just want him to be happy! One of my concerns are whether my kids will have gyne, and how will i deal with it. Because i know how much it ruined my childhood, and held me back from doing the things i loved!

Maybe you could try the NHS route, and get reffered to a hospital that seems Gyne friendly i remember "Broomfield" hospital being mentioned on here.

Good luck mate
Chancer
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:16:17 PM by chancer76 »
8 days to go! 16/05/2009 Dr. Karidis = Cant wait!

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Hey Chips

I put off the op for years. It was only when I had a daughter that I realised I needed to get my gyne sorted. I wouldn't have been able to take her to the pool - holidays would've been awkward etc etc etc. I take her swimming twice a week now.

The best money I ever spent...... ;D
Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024