Author Topic: Should I be concerned?(Pics)  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Krepto

• Posting Member
Keep in mind that it was cold when I took these pictures so the puffiness that my nipples usually consists of isn't really noticeable. I've had puffy nipples for as long as I can remember but they didn't really bother me because they weren't noticeable with a shirt on, until about last year. I'm 17 going on 18 in about a month now and the problem has got progressively worse. I'm really skinny, 5'7 and weigh 116 pounds, and this has really started bothering me so I decided to look it up and found out it was an actual medical condition. I'm pretty sure I suffer from it because underneath the nipples I feel a tender little ball and I was wondering if I should be concerned? I haven't told my parents yet but I plan on it and getting a doctor to take a look at it as well.

Also if it counts for anything, I was a super late bloomer and believe I'm still in the process of puberty. May this be the cause?

Here are the pics.
http://i35.tinypic.com/kegndk.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/24bqbev.jpg
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:20:53 PM by Krepto »

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
Your condition looks very similiar to mine before post op. Mild case but if it's bothering you than you should address it.

Offline Krepto

• Posting Member
Well I read that it usually subsides within teenagers but then I come on this site and everyone mentions surgery is the only way to get rid of it. : /

I just wanted to get some opinions on whether or not there's a chance mine might go away on it's own or does it look like the only way is going to be surgery?

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
I had mine since I was about 12 and it never went away. I really regret not having the issue addressed much earlier than I actually did. I would go to an endocrinoligist and get all the tests done for hormonal imbalances and then ask him about a ps who he could recommend. I would suggest moving on it. you'll be happy that you did.

Offline Krepto

• Posting Member
So based on the hormonal tests they'll be able to determine whether it's going to go away or not?

Thanks for all the info, btw.

Also, are these tests expensive?

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
i know that in Canada that the test is covered but it is neccessary to get the tests done to determine the source. I highly doubt that the condition will just go away but consult your endo first

Offline Krepto

• Posting Member
That really hurts to hear. : (

Thanks for the info, once again though.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So based on the hormonal tests they'll be able to determine whether it's going to go away or not?

Unfortunately, no dude...  an Endocrinologist can only tell you the 'state' of your hormone levels. Not whether your G will go away or not. There is nobody, Medical Professional or otherwise than can tell you definitively if your G will go away on it own...  Sorry dude!  :-\

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Krepto

• Posting Member
: /

Where can I get my hands on some of those muscle shirt garments?

It'll make it at least tolerable as I wait to see if it goes away or not.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Also if it counts for anything, I was a super late bloomer and believe I'm still in the process of puberty. May this be the cause?

Yup...  So was I dude!

GB...

DrBermant

: /

Where can I get my hands on some of those muscle shirt garments?

It'll make it at least tolerable as I wait to see if it goes away or not.

Body Shaping Garments can contour the male chest while waiting until an unstable situation stabilizes.

Second Stage Male Compression Garments

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline myth77

• Posting Member
Well dude im 14 and ive had it for 2 years and ive worked hard (exercise and diet) to get rid of it, and its not going away so dont hope for anything cuz i think ull get crushed. best thing to do is surgery and done its over with but idk thats me i might be wrong cuz im to young to take surgery but if i was old enough i wouldnt give it a second thought. thats just what i think, good luck.

Offline goingoingonegyno

• Posting Member
I've said this enough times that I'm almost starting to annoy myself ...
In all likelihood your G will not go away on its own. I noticed mine when i was around 13 and just got the surgery done 5 days ago (I am now almost 20). Best decision I've ever made in my life - and no I'm not exaggerating when I say that. I was robbed of all self-confidence and self-esteem probably much like yourself. Take my word for it, waking up in the morning and not having to deal with this problem mentally and physically has to be worth at least a fifteen hundred bucks ...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What you decide to do and when you decide is a very personal matter and there is no wrong answer or right answer for everyone. There is an answer that is right for you which may be different than the right answer for someone else.

It would be wise to consult an Endocrinologist to see what your hormone levels are and to determine the degree of physical maturity. We do not all mature at the same rate, and it has nothing to do with your mental maturity.

If you are fairly near the end of puberty and your condition has stabilized, then it is time to consult a surgeon if that is your wish. If the Endocrinologist finds that your hormonal situation has not stabilized it may be best to wait.

As you have already learned for yourself, this condition is actually quite common and for many it has severe emotional impact. There are some who successfully ignore it and manage to cope quite well. In the short term, the garments mentioned by Dr. Bermant will do an excellent job of concealing the condition.

Welcome aboard and Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Krepto

• Posting Member
Thanks for the input, all of you.

I've noticed most of you have had the condition since you were 12-13, and that gives me a little hope that mines will fade away. I've had my condition for probably about a year and it was very very mild before this so I never gave it a second thought but now it's getting a little worse, maybe because I've gained a little weight, but regardless I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow and I have already told my parents.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024