Author Topic: Too young for surgery?  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Eratu

Hi,

I am 18 and I want to know if I'm too young to get a surgery at this age? I'm considering to get a surgery this summer. However, I noticed that my nipples are shrinking just a little bit, but not much. Maybe it is because I am losing weights. Also, for the blood test, what should I be looking for? like kidney, liver and hormones imbalance? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Offline Trycer6

• Posting Member
If you can feel hard glands under your nipples or anywhere else on your chest, no amount of exercise will eliminate your gynecomastia. Also, you aren't too young to have surgery.

DrBermant

Hi,

I am 18 and I want to know if I'm too young to get a surgery at this age? I'm considering to get a surgery this summer. However, I noticed that my nipples are shrinking just a little bit, but not much. Maybe it is because I am losing weights. Also, for the blood test, what should I be looking for? like kidney, liver and hormones imbalance? Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have operated on many patients much younger than 18 for their gynecomastia.

How old before Gynecomastia Surgery is a common question. Although gynecomastia frequently goes away on its own, what has not resolved by 2 years usually does not.  Waiting many years for nothing to happen makes little sense when an individual is stressed by the Emotion of Living with Gynecomastia.  You can see many examples here: Photos Before and After Surgery of Teenagers with Gynecomastia Gallery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have operated on young men from 12 - 18.  There are many criteria that I use -- but the bottom line is that if you have had stable gyne for over two years, it will not disappear on its own.

You may wish to have a complete endocrinologic evaluation prior to surgery -- but if you have had your gyne for a while, the endo exam usually come up as normal.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024