Author Topic: what a lucky day its been!  (Read 2582 times)

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
let me start off by saying ive been a member ofthese boards for a while, but i dont post much i usually just read other peoples posts..

i always htought i was a lost cause with my gyno, my mom never supported me and told me to just live with them until i convinced her to let me have a consultation with a local ps..

the ps did an estimate of the surgery and its only 1500 bucks!  apparently the hospital gives some sort of discount for those who pay all up front!  so i went from living a few more years with gyno until i could pay for it myself, to my mom saying she wants to get the surgery done in 2 weeks! Im so happy right now haha.  My date is august 16th, i cant wait cause im gonna be sitting on the couch playing madden 06 for a whole week probably  ;D

i just wanted to know what i should do leading up the surgery to take care ofmyself, ex not taking certain vitamins and everything.  just want u guys to know ive never had surgery ever done before so im REALLY nervous..

Offline Ax87

• Bronze Member
  • gyno sucks
congratulations bro! my consultation is next week hopefully i can get a date in two weeks too lol, thats awesome tho.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Congratulations!  My doctor had me taking certain vitamins and such, but I wouldn't recommend them to you unless you were to ask your PS about it first.  I started taking these 2 weeks pre-op.

1000mg Vitamin C three times daily
400mg Vitamin E three times daily
325mg ferrous gluconate three times daily
one multivitamin twice daily  

Aside from that, don't smoke or take aspirin.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
basically, no smoking and no aspirin..

also told to avoid vitamin E as it thins your blood...

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
Then I take it no drinking beer either?

Is insurance helping out at all? So far my doctor and endo have told me that insurance should cover part of the surgery. I'm going to make an appointment with a PS very soon.

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
Very cool. Good luck and congratulations!

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
It was just so weird though, as the PS was talking to me, my mom kept shaking her head and kept saying she didnt want to do it at all.  Then when she got the estimate, it was 1500 and she was like OK lets do it in two weeks

LOL

its cool i dont friggin smoke or anything, im just looking forward to the day after surgery where i get to spend all day sitting at home playing madden  8)

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
Is he performing just a gland excision or are you have liposuction too?

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
Just had my surgery, you're basically only in a little bit of pain for 2 days. Well discomfort and soreness is more like it.

The rest of the time is just an excuse to get waited on hand and foot while sitting on a couch playing xbox and wathcing tv all day ;D
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
he said he's gonna do lypo...and if he sees a gland or something hes gonna take it out..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024