Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Norris.  (Read 3772 times)

Offline jh123

So after years of research and saving it is finally done, I had my surgery with Dr. Norris yesterday and I'm feeling great.

So just a quick rundown of the procedure from start to present.

Dec 13 - First Consultation, basically what to expect pre and post op. And at the time i was able to book for early Feb but waited for march.

Feb 23 - pre-op appointment, Dr. Norris went over everything again. Then moved onto payment and measured up for pressure garment.

Mar 13 - Surgery, I arrived 11am and checked in at St Lukes hospital filled out some forms and moved into short stay. Then met the Anaesthetist around 1pm and shortly after moved me off to prep for theater. Anaesthetist started his work, Dr. Norris marked me up then Anaesthetist came back and told me he was going to give me something that will make me feel funny, and i woke up in recovery around 4:30pm feeling bit drowsy, moved back to short stay around 5pm had some food and drink, and discharged 7pm. my chest was numb little bit of discomfort but no pain.

1 day post-op - still feeling good, like i just finished a good gym sesh. once i get used to the garment you tend to forget i had the surgery.

My experience with Dr. Norris and the staff at Silkwood Medical was great.

I will add some before and after pics in a couple weeks.

Any Q's Ask away.

Offline sam1991

hey , nice to hear it went good, how sore are you now? how long do you have to keep the garment on ? how much was the cost ?.keep us updated and how bad do you rate your gynecomastia?

cya mate.

Offline Liandoolb

• Posting Member
Great to hear that your experience has been positive so far! Definitely keep us updated on your progress and how you feel with your recovery. :) Your experience is very encouraging as I'm in the process of trying to work out a date for my own op. :D

Offline jh123

hey , nice to hear it went good, how sore are you now? how long do you have to keep the garment on ? how much was the cost ?.keep us updated and how bad do you rate your gynecomastia?

cya mate.

Hey Sam, on a scale of 1-10 for how sore I'd say 1-2 if any, it's all muscle sore like after a gym workout and i love that feeling cause I'm weird like that. By day 3 my chest felt a bit tight due to bruising but still no pain.  All in all for pain there was very little to none, abit of discomfort due to the garment but once i got used to it i sometimes forget i even had the surgery.

The garment i have to wear 24/7 for 6 weeks.

Cost was roughly $11300 without private health. $3200 hospital day stay, it was something like $900 more for overnight. And a $750 medicare rebate.

Dr. Norris put me up there as one of the more severe cases mainly due to my being overweight(155kg at first consultation, 138kg at Surgery). He took out 2.5kg which is the most he had ever taken from a patient and also had to do a skin reduction so more scarring, but my chest is flat and that's all that mattered to me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024