Author Topic: Surgery with Dr Katarzyna Ostrowska Clark in Poland  (Read 9069 times)

Offline Edd1967

• Posting Member
I am 25 years of age and have suffered from Gynecomastia since puberty.  This has caused some serious psychological difficulty since then as I’m sure others can imagine and concur.  I noticed as I was getting older I started to lose my ‘puppy fat’ however my chest seemed to remain the same despite this and my nipples looked really puffy (like a woman’s!).

I would never wear a t-shirt unless it had some obvious pattern on the front and would always wear compression vests at the gym to try and hide it! I would also always hunch my shoulders forward and if anyone looked in my direction then I would freak out thinking they were staring at my chest.  It may seem pathetic to some people who don’t live with this but it’s incredible what psychological effect this has on a guy.  For me personally, I just can’t stand the thought of having breast tissue under my nipples! I pride myself on being a man and don’t want anything that remotely resembles a woman on my body!

When I was 18 I decided to start training in the gym and was doing a lot of running.  I ended up reducing my body fat to 13 percent and I weighed 12 stone at 6 foot tall.  I noticed that the more fat I lost the worst my chest would look as it would appear to be so disproportionate to the rest of my body.  After working so hard to get myself in good shape I was so disheartened and ended up giving up my training regime and slowly gained weight back as I didn’t see the point in bursting my a**e and not getting the results I wanted.  I even went to the doctors at this time as I knew something was wrong and he just told me to do more chest flys and push ups! (70 grand a year of tax payer’s money for that advice)

I then started to do my research where I discovered Gynecomastia and ended up self-diagnosing! I thereafter contacted a cosmetic surgeon in the UK where I attended and had a consultation which confirmed my suspicions! I must say I was very unimpressed with the whole process in the UK.  The surgeon didn’t appear to know what he was talking about and had only done a handful of these operations which didn’t exactly put my mind at ease! I obviously had loads of questions where I didn’t get very competent answers which worried me.  I decided not to have it done in the UK.  If I am going to pay a Surgeon 5 grand and put my life in their hands them I am going to make sure I trust them!

I have been a lurker on these sites for a while and after some incredibly inspiring stories I have decided to get rid of this once and for all!!

While looking through this site, one name seems to pop up very frequently with nothing but good reviews….Dr Katarzyna Ostrowska-Clark at -- in Szczecin, Poland.

I decided earlier this year (Feb 2013) that I was going to contact them in order to enquire.  I emailed her husband, Jeremy Clark who is also a Doctor to enquire about surgery in September 2013.  I must say he doesn’t email back very quickly however every question I asked got an answer with no hesitation.

I decided to book a preliminary appointment for 12th Sep 2013 and paid my 300 pound deposit to secure my booking!
I then set to booking my flights and apartment.  I ended up booking with Easyjet where I will be flying from Glasgow to Berlin which is a 60 mile (shuttle bus which Jeremy arranges on your behalf) journey to Szcezecin.  My flights were really cheap at just over 100 quid  Jeremy gives you some suggestions over email as to what Hotel’s you can book.  I decided to book an apartment with Pokoje Integro as they have a wee kitchen with a fridge which will be ideal considering I don’t expect to be very mobile when I’m out there on my own! The apartment was also very reasonable where it will work out about 200 pound for the week.
Since booking I have been working out as much as I can in order to get myself in the best shape possible for going out there.  This is the first time I have set off on a training regime with a positive mentality and I now feel I have an end game as a result of getting this off my chest.  No pun intended!

I have recently joined a Crossfit gym and the results and gains I am seeing so far are brilliant! Crossfit is the future folks! Get involved!

I am looking forward to going out there but the only thing I am worried about is filling my days. I have downloaded Skype so will be making plenty of video calls for a chat and I have packed my hard drive with films and Breaking Bad (New fave TV show ) so hopefully that see’s me through the week!  I really should be more worried about the surgery but strangely enough all I feel is excitement at the prospect of getting rid of this forever! It doesn’t seem real yet!

I will post back when I am over in Poland in order to let you’s know how everything goes and I will also arrange to post before and after pictures.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Jakeyboy08.  Your story has been nothing short of incredible and you were the sole reason as to why I had the bottle to contact the surgery in the first place! You should be proud of yourself. I am sure I’m not the only person who has contacted them as a result of your experience and willingness to share your story.

If anybody has any questions then please let me know

Cheers,

Ed :D

hammer

Good luck Ed! I wish you well!

Enjoy yourself in the country of my greatgrandfather, I don't think I will ever see it, I've been to many countries thanks to the US Navy but Poland doesn't have a sea port, lol.

Bob

Offline Edd1967

• Posting Member
Bob,

Thanks very much! :D funnily enough, it also the land of my dear grandfather, Bronislaw, and it will be my first time visiting so I will keep you updated with my experience!

Hope you're well and safe sailing!

Ed.

hammer

Thank you, but my youngest daughter is now in the Navy! I'm been out for over 30 years!

My family comes from Warsaw.

Offline ABgyno

• Posting Member
Good luck mate I'm in there on the 11th a couple of days before you.

Offline Edd1967

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot mate.

I arrive there on the 11th and my surgery is the 12th.

Where are you staying? How are you feeling about it?

Ed.

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Hey good luck mate . You will not regret it . Best decision I have ever made in my life dr clark is fantastic cant praise her enough . Shes a life changer . Havnt been on this site for a couple of months but im updating my post this weekend. I couldent be happier  :)

Offline Edd1967

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot Gazza.  I can't wait to get it done.  I have put it off for so long and seems surreal that I'm going in 5 days! Glad to hear you've had a successful recovery mate :D

Offline ABgyno

• Posting Member
I'm staying in Ibis.

Idk I haven't really thought much about it as I have been busy working to save for it.

I only booked less than two weeks ago so there hasn't really been enough time for it to sink in.

Flying out on Monday and as I type this it's the first time it's really hitting me what I'm going to be doing next week - flying out to Poland to get my t1ts cut out haha.

Funnily enough I'm not nervous about the Op or results at all. I've read enough and seen enough pics of Kataryzna's work to not be worried. More worried about the blood tests and IV as I hate needles.

What about you? Nervous?

Offline ABgyno

• Posting Member
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Jakeyboy08.  Your story has been nothing short of incredible and you were the sole reason as to why I had the bottle to contact the surgery in the first place! You should be proud of yourself. I am sure I’m not the only person who has contacted them as a result of your experience and willingness to share your story.

Second that, Jake should be on commission from --.

I have wanted this for years but would always second guess myself thinking it was all in my head...until the next joke or breast pinch.

It was good to see how happy someone with a similar case of gyno was after the op. (I'm about the same level of gyno as Jake with a fair bit of fat as well.)

I cannot wait to wear whatever T-shirt I want, I have a mountain of barely worn clothes at home beacuse of these fooking lumps. People must think I'm a slob wearing baggy hoodies daily.

Offline Edd1967

• Posting Member
I have had it booked since February so had plenty of time to let it sink in! :P

I am actually excited about it to be honest mate.  Just can't wait to get rid of it and wear the clothes I wanna wear etc!

I am stocking up my laptop with films etc as we speak to make the time over there a bit more bearable!

I hope you have a safe flight and surgery mate!  Keep me posted with how you're getting on and vice versa :-)

Offline ABgyno

• Posting Member
Yeah that's exactly how I feel, the clothes thing is really a huge factor for me. Everything I buy just ends up getting left on the shelf because I hate how my chest looks in it.

Good call with the movies. I had planned to do that but never really got round to it. Hotel internet seems decent enough so hopefully I can stream stuff.

Anyway I arrived in Szczecin airport a couple of hours ago. The flight was pretty terrible, babies screaming non stop for two hours but I just tried to listen to music and fall asleep. I got a few odd looks when people saw my Irish passport. Think I was the only non-Pole on the flight. I can't imagine you get too many tourists flying in there.  It seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere(Ryanair, go figure), but hard to tell exactly because it was dark outside. Went through security in no time at all.

The taxi driver was waiting for me at arrivals with a sign with my name on it, not too hard to find as the hall was the size of a small train station. I am pretty tired after the flight and didn't really want to chat and he didn't try force a conversation at all which was good. The drive was about 40 minutes to Ibis. I was laughing to myself on the way wondering whether these Polish drivers think every lad from the UK has t1ts. I paid for this in advance so no issues with money there.

The hotel is basic but you get what you pay for. Everything is clean and it's nice and quiet. The guy at reception was very blunt but from the Poles I'm friends or work with at home that just seems to be how they are.

I'm going to go find somewhere to eat now as I am starving. Then off to get a good night's sleep before the blood tests. This is the only part of the whole thing I'm actually nervous about. Last time I got a blood test I fainted and didn't leave the surgery for another two hours because I felt so weak and dizzy.

Anyway I'll update tomorrow at some stage when I get the chance.

Cheers,
Al

btw I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'm not really interested in making my own so let me know if it bothers you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:34:29 AM by ABgyno »

Offline LFC95

• Posting Member
Yeah that's exactly how I feel, the clothes thing is really a huge factor for me. Everything I buy just ends up getting left on the shelf because I hate how my chest looks in it.

Good call with the movies. I had planned to do that but never really got round to it. Hotel internet seems decent enough so hopefully I can stream stuff.

Anyway I arrived in Szczecin airport a couple of hours ago. The flight was pretty terrible, babies screaming non stop for two hours but I just tried to listen to music and fall asleep. I got a few odd looks when people saw my Irish passport. Think I was the only non-Pole on the flight. I can't imagine you get too many tourists flying in there.  It seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere(Ryanair, go figure), but hard to tell exactly because it was dark outside. Went through security in no time at all.

The taxi driver was waiting for me at arrivals with a sign with my name on it, not too hard to find as the hall was the size of a small train station. I am pretty tired after the flight and didn't really want to chat and he didn't try force a conversation at all which was good. The drive was about 40 minutes to Ibis. I was laughing to myself on the way wondering whether these Polish drivers think every lad from the UK has t1ts. I paid for this in advance so no issues with money there.

The hotel is basic but you get what you pay for. Everything is clean and it's nice and quiet. The guy at reception was very blunt but from the Poles I'm friends or work with at home that just seems to be how they are.

I'm going to go find somewhere to eat now as I am starving. Then off to get a good night's sleep before the blood tests. This is the only part of the whole thing I'm actually nervous about. Last time I got a blood test I fainted and didn't leave the surgery for another two hours because I felt so weak and dizzy.

Anyway I'll update tomorrow at some stage when I get the chance.

Cheers,
Al

btw I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'm not really interested in making my own so let me know if it bothers you.

I hate to be nosey but how much did the whole thing cost? I am really considering surgery but money is a big factor because I'm only 18.

Offline ABgyno

• Posting Member
This is what I paid.

Obviously doesn't include food over here but that is less than what I would spend at home so not bothering counting that. Went to McDonald's last night, was about €3.50 for a meal.

Btw this is all in € not £. Price includes lipo. Heading in for surgery tomorrow, hope it was worth it.

Offline LFC95

• Posting Member
Thanks for the quick reply! Good luck with your surgery!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024