Author Topic: Any bras that don't show around the top of shirt?  (Read 8338 times)

Offline Caslas213

• Posting Member
My concern that I constantly have when looking for a sports bra is making sure it can't been seen at all around the top of my shirt. As of right now I have only found one brand of ports bras that DO NOT show. I was wondering if there are any other bras that will compress my boobs but will not make them stick out farther. Please help me know where to start when making the next step to regular bras. My biggest concern is making sure they are not visible.

Thanks All

hammer

I'm double Ds so it is very hard to hide them, but I have found that front closing bras that also minimize and wearing a button down shirt works the best.

As far as what kind or manufacture of bra, I found one of the first one I ever bought some 8/10 years ago from one of the medical magazines that came to the house is my best fit for me but it's on right now so I can't get to the tag :( sorry. I was able to find them again online but haven't ordered more yet.

My primary care doctor at the VA has advise me that my wife should schedule a fitting for me as it is hard to find a good fit! I have other bras but I find I can't wear them all day. The others that I can wear the longest are the front close minimizer "just my size".

Offline gotgyne

I'd recommend either a sports bra or a crop top. Look at my thread "Crop Top vs. Bra" at page 2 of "Acceptance Garments" in this forum. A regular bra enhances the breasts while a crop top flattens them. Another option is a gynecomastia vest.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

salger

I have been having luck with an underwired T-Shirt bra from Leading Lady, model 5028, I think.

google search for "5028 site:leadinglady.com" to find "Molded Padded Seamlesss Underwire Full Figure Bra"

Even though it says padded, and you'd think that this would enhance "things", for me it just seems to smooth them out.  I was already poking out all over the place.

I wear a 46b in this bra.  I was having a lot of pain behind my nipples before wearing this.  It doesn't show at all for me under a t-shirt + undershirt.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
I agree with the earlier post an underwire T-shirt bra works well for me. It provides support but is not apparent under my shirt both dress and polo. I'm a 38B so I have less to hide than an 44B. Although I've never tried a sports bra I understand a regular bra is more comfortable for all day wear.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I also tend to like the Minimizer bras, but I don't wear them daily, all depends on the shirt I am wearing.  I have all but given up on hiding the front, (40C, sorta hard to), but I worry more on the back, the clasp/adjusters.  Soma bras are very high quality and most are pretty hard to see in the back thru my shirt.  That is what the t-shirt bras are meant for. 

Wear shirts with patterns and darker colors.  Light colors (especially solids) are easiest to be seen in.  So keep it dark and patterned. 

hammer

I agree with the minimizer bra! That is about all I wear and as you said I don't worry about the front either! I also find that button down shirts work well too, and they help up front as well!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I usually wear polo shirts, not button down (too cold this time of year!), and as work is pretty casual too.  My solids show more in the back than partterns, really makes a diff.  I think it was someone on here that tipped me off to patterns. 

When I go solid shirts that is my day for the Soma No-Show Minimizer, does a darn good job at not being seen.  Soma has a new 3in minimizer, I hope to try out soon.  The 1in Minimizer is on sale so I will likely get that for now.  Soma bras aren't exactly cheap, but well worth it considering the long wear they get.

I agree with the minimizer bra! That is about all I wear and as you said I don't worry about the front either! I also find that button down shirts work well too, and they help up front as well!

hammer

That was Paw_Paa that tipped us off about the prints, he is a very wise man!

The 1" would never support this old mans biggin's as Al Bundy called them on "married with children"

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you can find a bra in a color that matches your skin color it will show much less.

A wider band and cups that cover completely will reduce or eliminate bulges around the garment. Obviously you would want wide shoulder straps too.

Fitting for a man is further complicated by the fact that the breasts of a man are wider apart than those of a woman. Someone suggested in the past that his best solution was a front close bra with a band one size too small with an extender used in the front to correct the spacing.
Grandpa Dan

Offline walt

• Gold Member
I like the sports bras but don't wear them to work , im in nursing and wear scrubs most of the time they don`t hide anything ,also I have recently gotten some Breezes sports bras with an A/B cup they are seemless and soft but give good support , and for sleeping its usually a yoga top with a built in bra.

aboywithgirls

With my 38 DD s. There is no sense in even trying to hide them. I'm almost 40, my wife accepts my breasts and so do I. When I go for my fitting, it's obvious that I'm not shopping for my wife.

aboywithgirls

B man is right minimizer bras are effective at reducing your bust line. I'll wear a minimizer but only so certain shirts will fit. Other than that, I am in a full support/coverage molded cup underwire.  This is just what I prefer.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Several great points were made here.  If you have extra large development, minimizers are a must.  IF you have something smaller, B to C cup as I have, I opt for comfort but also like to keep things under wraps as much as possible.

With that in mind, again somme important points were made.  Wide bands and wide straps, stretch for confort, are easier to conceal.  Full coverabe well fitted cups are also important.  Initially, I opted for smaller the better, but these are not easy to hide as strap lines are apparent and they are not comfortable as I learned with straps and bands making impressions all day long.

Now,after going for a proper fitting and lisening to suggestions,  I go for bras like the Playtex 18hr lace cup, yes this fits the points I made above and is very comfortable. I am not into compresion vests, or even sports bras, as their function is only to compress and hide- not the comfort of the person wearing. 

There are more choices out there, but I rate things by fit, comfort, and value, and comfort includes physical as well as emotional as I do not want to make a scene when going out, so ease of concelement is important as well.

So think out side the box, and keep your mind open to suggestions from others, and above all, keep in mind this is only a piece of clothing with a purpose, not something that changes you into something you are not.

DB

aboywithgirls

Dbweb is right. Basically there is a give and take with all bras. For myself,  I have settled on a compromise of the full coverage, underwire, shirt bra. For me, coverage and support are most important. With 38E breasts, the underwrite is a must.  I have breasts and I can't hide that, but wearing a t shirt bra keeps the girls under control and the bra lines are much less detectable.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024