Author Topic: 3 years on  (Read 2370 times)

Offline DANNY d

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I was interested in people's opinions about returning gynecomastia. I had surgery with Alex Karidas approximately 3 years ago and all was great. The surgery went well I felt so much more confident and up until recently I hadn't give it a second thought.

My issue is recently my nipples appear larger than normal when warm and really quite obvious they are large. I have felt around the nipple area and there is no gland tissue only a bit of fat which is similar all over my chest area.

Could this be signs of gyno returning or would it worth having a consultation to have my nipples reduced. It doesn't feel like gyno just my nipples are large and really getting me down. Can anyone recommend any surgeons in the north west area.

Advice welcome.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Hi guys,

I was interested in people's opinions about returning gynecomastia. I had surgery with Alex Karidas approximately 3 years ago and all was great. The surgery went well I felt so much more confident and up until recently I hadn't give it a second thought.

My issue is recently my nipples appear larger than normal when warm and really quite obvious they are large. I have felt around the nipple area and there is no gland tissue only a bit of fat which is similar all over my chest area.

Could this be signs of gyno returning or would it worth having a consultation to have my nipples reduced. It doesn't feel like gyno just my nipples are large and really getting me down. Can anyone recommend any surgeons in the north west area.

Advice welcome.

Hey Danny,

Funny, I was just reading around today whether gynecomastia returns or not. There's a surgeon who posts on bodybuilding.com forums, he says they can return especially if you have an underlying endocrine disorder. Additionally, bodybuilders who take steroids often experience what remains of the breast tissue, to regrow.

I had surgery a month ago with Mr Levick, and his pretty much outright answer is that it will never return, unless you put on a significant amount of weight (several stones). It's a shame you didnt go with Mr Levick, as he provides lifelong free aftercare, and I'm sure would've been happy to see you and provide any corrective surgery required for free.

Anyway, he's based in the midlands and provides free consultations, so you could give him a go. So in terms of getting seen by him for an initial consultation, that is still free.

* Also you mention you have felt the area and you feel that there's no gland. From what I read, this is a very difficult thing to assess, even for doctors. So your best bet would be to have it examined by an experienced consultant, and try and aim for a hot day!

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
On his website it says that consultations are £100? Have I misread it?

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
On his website it says that consultations are £100? Have I misread it?

That's what it said when I booked my consultation too but when I called them they said Mr Levick was actually doing them for free.

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
Ah I hope that's still the case! Especially as they've just increased the cost of the surgery another £200.

Offline DANNY d

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.

It's interesting because i had completely forgot how my gyno was before my surgery and the past month all the terrible feelings are coming back. It would be interesting to see if it's just physiological. How long is the wait to get a consultation?

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
I booked one today and my appointment is in two weeks.

Offline thetodd

After surgery you may see some reduction in Areola's suze but if you have big nips you may still be left with big nips after its depends how bad it is really i know lads who have the puffy nips have huge reduction in size but if your not genetically blessed then you may be left with big nips afterwards.

Areola reduction is a procedure that will leave noticeable scars and id discourage you from doing it as honestly ive never seen a good result unless you have nipples the size of a womens then its totally not worth it.

My advice would be to go back to Karidis to get him to take a look, hes a very matter of fact person and if you do feel a bit uncertain walking in you will have a clear mind when leaving his office. I went and seen him a year after and post op checks are free, he gave me a series of options in regards into revision for which he didnt believe were needed (which was around £400 all in) and i was like "yeah book it in i want it" and left there a bit pissed off that he wasnt seeing what i was seeing. And on the train home i just slumped down in my seat and mulled over everything he said, got home took my top of and decided actually there wasnt anything wrong and it was pretty much in my head, hearing it from him offered a sense of completion. Trust me he may be quick on the initial consultation but hes an imposing bloke he listened to my moaning for 20 minutes and was very matter of fact in his replies changed my opinion on him.

Paul Levick is a nice guy, and if you want to go down that route after seeing Karidis thats sound but even Levick would tell you to go and see Karidis before going to him.

Please dont get nipple reduction unless you have a significant case because whatever you are feeling now, i guarantee you will be feeling worse afterwards and there is no was of reversing that procedure the scars are really noticeable.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline DANNY d

• Posting Member
Thanks very much for taking the time to get back to me.

I think deep down I just want a professionals opinion, I may be being dramatic and there probably is an element of just having big nipples but it would be nice to get someone who understands perspective.

I am going to see dr levick in a weeks time to gain another opinion as it is hard for me to travel to London with work commitments. I have tried emailing Alex but have had no response, I will try and give him a call this week to discuss.

Thanks again for honest response sometimes it's what you need to hear.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024