Author Topic: NOA clinic or -- (Clark)  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Stevew87

• Bronze Member
Those 2 seem to be the most talked about on this forum. I read a post which said that NOA clinic had more positive reviews. I really do not know what to believe. Is there a credible data source of which i can look at?

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
The Noa clinic is quite well known in the UK, mainly due to rhinoplastys, boob jobs and that sort of thing. A lot of a 'celebrities' (not A-listers obviously as they can afford the best in the world) go there. They definitely have more press and exposure and access via social media, e.g. their YouTube channel here.

The clinc has reviews on various sites RealSelf and places like here and here. Does that make it 'better'? I don't know but what I do know is that it's easy to get to Wroclaw and it's easy to find out about the clinc and organise the surgery online, which gave me the confidence to go there.

Offline Stevew87

• Bronze Member
Thanks a lot that makes me a lot more relaxed about it. The other clinic i can't seem to have in my title (hence the random --).. it is the med1mel clinic and the surgeon is something CLARK which is the other surgeon/practice spoken about on here. Is that one less well known?

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
Going through old threads on here, plenty of people have been to the other place. I chose the Noa Clinic because

1) I found a few detailed write-ups on bodybuilding forums - I'm a bit of a gym rat and while my gyno was pubertal, plenty of bodybuilders who take anabolic steroids and don't manage their oestrogen levels properly can develop it too, so they often have to end up having the surgery... and write up about it -  I only joined this forum to have a place to put my own write-up, which I thought might be of benefit to people.

2) Since they do a lot of cosmetic work, there's some consideration to aesthetics so I assumed that it would be a neat and tidy job

3) The main surgeon is registered on the UK Association of Surgeons, which gave a little extra peace of mind

4) Logistically it's easy to get to - you get a plane, get picked up at the airport by the taxi driver and it's a short drive to your accommodation which is either going to be outside of town within walking distance of the clinic or inside the town in which case you can arrange to be picked up in the morning. You can sort out taxi stuff via WhatsApp if need be using the clinic or hotel Wi-Fi. 

Offline m1000

I had surgery with Dr Clarke in November 2014 and definitely would not reccommend. 

My chest was flat for about 6 weeks after whilst using the compression vest but returned to normal after the swelling went down and vest taken off. 

I've emailed her husband jeremy several times since the operation and was always told this was normal and to keep massaging, can take up to 14 months, give it another 6 months etc... eventually last month he asked me to send pics which I did. He forwarded them on (I presume) to his wife or someone at the clinic. They simply replied saying unfortunately gyno can return. 

That's it. Its cost me about 2.5k which I'm not to bothered about. Tge first few weeks were great. I presume this was swelling rather than any success from the operation. I didn't expect any perfect results but just told her I wanted to wear a t shirt without my gyno sticking through. Dr Clarke said I had a mild case and this would he no problem using revision and lipo... 

Just be warned there is no aftercare once they have yiur money it seems. Not wanting to put people off but i wish now that is just saved the extra and got it done in the UK. 

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
I booked surgery with Adam Kalecinski, spent £100 on flights and then cancelled about 2 weeks before after making a very careful and difficult decision which was that I wasn't confident it was for the best, now I'm booked with Karidis later this month for over £4k more. You get what you pay for and there is no question the few grand you save is a trade off for quality.

When you're booked to spend only £1,300 on getting this fixed, you really want to believe it's a good decision and you try to convince yourself that it's as good or even close to the surgeons you pay £5k for here. Deep inside, you don't want to accept paying that £4k extra so you are in denial, telling yourself surgery Poland will be as good as here, for a fraction of the cost. It's too good to be true, simple.

I'm not saying Adam hasn't done some great work, just that I can not accept based on the evidence that he can offer me the best chance of a good quality surgery and recovery.

Some reasons that influenced my decision to do a U-turn:

Several reviews I'd read stating that people got to Poland and then it wasn't Adam (who they booked) operating on them but some other Dr that they hadn't had months to research into. Imagine going to see Levick or Karidis and then some other Dr walks in you've never heard of.

Adam's recent malpractice hearings with GMC (All on their website).

Several reviews stating that they were kind of rushed in and out like a conveyor belt - this goes hand in hand with the malpractice hearings in which it was alleged that Adam failed have a proper consultation prior to the Op, or provide appropriate aftercare - om several cases.

Lack of aftercare, once you get back.. you're alone.

Booking surgery with a hotmail domain email address why when they have a proper website domain - the whole setup from Europe surgery was amateur - I know that's only one agent for Adam but still.

I saw a negative review disappear from the internet in 24 hours.

I simply couldn't trust it.

Regarding M1000's response above, I have also read another review about Clark that she messed up his chest and now he's saving up to go to the US to have it fixed because nobody will touch him in the UK.
Once you go in for Surgery, there's no going back.

What is the priority - finding the best reputable quality surgery you can find, or cost?
There's no inbetween IMO.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024