Author Topic: Bought my first (of many to come!) Pair of women's pants  (Read 9156 times)

Guywithgirls

Carhart makes women's work pants also - pretty durable.
Thanks, I'll have to look into those. I could probably go to tractor supply in town and atleast try them on to check the fit then order online where its cheaper

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
Anybody have any experience with Duluth trading post womens jeans? 
Yes - I recently tried on a pair and noticed immediately that the pockets were deeper - almost like mens. The styling is plain as well - not recognizable as a woman’s style.  Ultimately I purchased a pair of their “fire hose” cloth pants which suited my needs better, but made mental note of their woman’s in 16S. 

if you’re looking for a harder wearing material find jeans with a heavyweight cotton and polyester blend.  

Offline chaos_agent

• Posting Member
  • rolling with the punches
a couple of years ago my wife asked about a pair of jeans, if they were mine.  i looked them over and said no.  a little later i looked at them again.  they are levi’s womens stretch jeans.  i tried them on, and decided to give them a test run.  the are the waste and inseam as my usual guy pants.  they are easily the most comfortable jeans i’ve ever worn. i wish the pockets could hold more crap like my wallet and phone. i’m not sure how my wife had them to begin with or if she tried to tell me something like my big butt needed more room.  i’ve tried to find them and see if there are other colors, etc.  but i can’t find these particular jeans anywhere.

Offline Busty

Have you and your wife ever discussed your shape being more like a woman?

Offline SideSet

Do you think your wife actually bought those women’s jeans for you figuring they would suit your shape better? 

aboywithgirls

I was wearing ladies slacks, jeans, shorts and even jeggings for years before transitioning. They were a much better fit and more comfortable than men's.

For any of you that are considering trying slacks or jeans with a larger seat and smaller waist, you should try them. Torrid and Lane Bryant routinely have men shopping in their stores. You are more than welcome and even encouraged to try on any in their changing rooms.

Torrid has many different styles, cuts, and colors for most tastes and body types. They have one in particular that I wear that's called the "Bombshell Skinny" jeans. I like these as they are designed with a greater seat and smaller waist. In other words, they fit. That's the wonderful thing about their jeans and slacks...they fit.

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
i wish the pockets could hold more crap like my wallet and phone.
In my experience womens Levi’s have the smallest shallow front pockets, barely room for some change. Lee has deeper pockets - room for small wallet or phone.  I too would like front pockets a bit deeper!  Recommendations welcome. 

aboywithgirls

i wish the pockets could hold more crap like my wallet and phone.
In my experience womens Levi’s have the smallest shallow front pockets, barely room for some change. Lee has deeper pockets - room for small wallet or phone.  I too would like front pockets a bit deeper!  Recommendations welcome.
Torrid jeans vary in pocket size depending on the cut you are wearing. This is because most women, myself included don't want to have  big pockets that ruin the smooth shape that the jeans give you. They figure most who wear ladies jeans carry a purse to keep our belongings in.

I do have one pair of Torrid jeans that are actually called "The Girlfriend" cut. These have larger front pockets. It almost seemed like these may have inadvertently been ladies cut jeans designed for men. I was never able to find another pair 😪.

Confused old man

I went shopping for jeans Saturday. Started off in the men’s section. Nothing really fit. Looked bad on me through the hips and thighs. I would try on same style and size and they fit different from one to the other. Cant they make things uniformed anymore. So off I went to the women’s section. Found a pair of lee cotton in size 12L that fit and felt great. And a pair of lee flex motion straight leg in 10L that fit and looks great. Pockets are smaller yes. But I don’t use pockets all that much anymore.... never have change...credit card all the time now. And have a small thin wallet for that and my drivers license. I do have a large bag that I have in my vehicle with everything else in it. And sometimes I shop with it. No need for pockets.

aboywithgirls

I'm glad that you were able to find some jeans that fit. As far as uniform sizing goes, ladies jeans are all over the place from each maker. I can say that Torrid is very consistent in their sizing. I wear a 10R in their slacks,jeans, jeggings, shorts and fitted skirts. 

I have worn a purse for many years. I found it more convenient with everything I like to have on me. Granted, my purses weren't always as fashionable as what I currently carry.

Sophie

Offline HealthNutHippie

• Posting Member
I like to wear women’s leggings like instead of men’s long underwear as a base layer. I like high waisted bottoms which are usually made for women. I feel like normal pants that sit on my hips constrict my hip and leg movements.  I would like to try on women’s high waisted jeans. I have long legs compared to men or women though. My WHR is .82 which is closer to the female average, and the length from my pubic bone to the floor is 35 inches while my height is 70 inches. That’s a high inseam to height ratio of .5... Always hard to find pants!

While my body type is somewhat feminine I have no interest in transitioning... I like the way I am, I feel androgynous in a youthful way like boyish and girlish.

Offline taxmapper

A VERY long time ago (late 1980's I was enamored for some reason with capris leggings.  

Once cotton spandex blends became normal, I purchased multiple pairs of then and wear them around the house, and GREAT for winter warmth when doing various outdoor activities.   

But I also have had the same attraction to other garments, just never really explored. it. 

Confused old man

I have a left hip flexor problems. When my pants start to ride below my hip bone I have a hard time walking. All my pants now are high rise. As long as my pants sit above my hip bone I’m fine. Maybe that’s why back in the old days men wore their pants high...old movies tell us that. And just this week I went to jockey classic French cut underwear. Small elastic band that sits above my hips. Tired of wearing a huge elastic band that acts as a underwear billboard that sits at or below the hips. Learning a lot in my old age. ..go for comfort no matter what. Who cares what the label says. Men’s , women’s or whatever. If it fits and is comfortable...wear it!..i am doing everything possible to make my old age comfortable as I can. And that includes wearing a bra when out and about.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024