Author Topic: Rules prior before operation. All operatees, HELP!  (Read 1808 times)

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
OK listen my Op is Jan 4th. I was told to stop smoking 2 weeks before the operation. Can someone tell me exactly what this does to me? Will the surgeon (my surgeon is Dr Fielding) refuse to operate on me if I still am smoking.

PLEASE HELP!
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
The best person to ask is Dr Fielding him/herself!  Smoking can effect the healing of the surgery.  If your outcome is not as good as it could have been if you were not smoking, then you will disappointed and so will your surgeon - not only for you, but each surgeon has a reputation to protect and this is not helped by non-compliant patients.

If you feel as I do about my operation (20 Jan) then you know how important this really is to you.  I am a long time smoker and have already gone cold turkey.  I am not promising myself to quit for life (though that really would be a bonus) but there is nothing on this earth that will compromise my chances of successful surgery.  Please give this some thought.

Best wishes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024