Author Topic: 19 yr old w/ gyne plz help  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Trini_Boi

• Posting Member
i have had gyne for as long as i can remember which probably means since i started puberty, so for a while now. i really hate it b/c as many of you know it is very embarrasing. i did a bit of research and went to my doctor to see what could be done. The doctor told me the same thing that i have heard from pretty much everybody that knows anything about it and that is that surgery is the only way to get rid of it. the problem is that i understand that surgery is expensive and also that it is not covered by my medical insurance. they consider it a cosmetic problem rather than a health risk. it affects me emotionally however, because i am very self-conscious and i never take my shirt off in public when i don't have to. it doesn't look quite as bad when my nipples are erect but when they are not it is a lot more noticeable. it doesn't show through my shirt fortunately unless i wear a really tight shirt. i started working out a few months ago hoping that a larger body and pecs would mask the gyne more but it hasn't really hidden them that much. i have never been fat and now i have a semi-muscular build and it is still apparantly visible. this makes me very uncomfortable and because even though i am in good shape i still have to suffer symptoms of people that are overweight. what makes it worse is that my right side has a bit more tissue than my left side so it is not even completely balanced. does any body have any ideas as to what i should do? i have been considering surgery, but it is so expensive. plz help me. :-[ :-[

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You, as with many young Gynecomastia sufferers do not have the means to get surgery. This is very unfortunate.... :-/   There is no easy answer here. You somehow have to find the funds or learn to live with the condition dude.

Are you working at the moment?

John.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:27:08 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Trini_Boi

• Posting Member
i think i have lived with it long enough. i mean i have lived with it throughout all of my teen years and now that i am older i want to end the pain once and for all but the surgery is just so expensive. i don't have a job right now but i am trying to get one. i just feel like why me sometimes.....

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i think i have lived with it long enough. i mean i have lived with it throughout all of my teen years and now that i am older i want to end the pain once and for all but the surgery is just so expensive. i don't have a job right now but i am trying to get one. i just feel like why me sometimes.....

I'm hear'n ya Broh.... Gyne SUX the big one Dude!

Having to endure Gynecomastia even for 1 day, is 1 day too many. No boy/man should have to deal with the psycoshyte that is a result of gyne.

When you do snag a job, throw all your extra coin into a savings account for surgery. There is a light at the end of the tunnel my man.

"Why me?". I hear ya dude.... Been there said that. However, at least you know what 'it' is and what can be done about it. I suffered many years not 'knowing' and thinking that I was 'The Only One'. That my friend, is F'n brutal!   :-/

John.

Offline Trini_Boi

• Posting Member
yea i am glad i discovered this thread at least. at least now i don't feel so alone and i can better focus on solving the problem. i will save up my money and try to get surgery. thanks for the support man. if you have any other comments/suggestions plz let me know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024