Author Topic: Question about gland detection?  (Read 2177 times)

Offline badnews

• Posting Member
So, I've already had the surgery back in December, just lipo no excision.  The results are not good, looks like nothing has ever been done.  My doctor said that there wasn't any gland etc...Naturally, I listened to him and all I'm left with is a big chest and $5,300 missing.  

So my question is what does gland feel like exactly and how do I detect it?  I believe I have it because I have "puffy nips" when its warm.  What I currently do is pinch my nipple and I can feel something hard and almost "semi solid" back there.  I can also find what feels like "pellets" of the same consitency...like little BB's in my chest, expect these are above the nipple and to the right of the nippple.  What do you guys think?  Oh by the way I tried to get a revision back in April, the doctor said he would advise against it...But I'm making an appointment monday and telling him I want a revision of my money back.  There is no change to my chest whatsoever.  The doctor was Dr. Frank Isik of the University of Washington.  

Offline badnews

• Posting Member
Forty views....no responses? Come on!!!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I would give you a response, but I don't have anything meaningful to say.

Hey...  I guess I just gave you a response!  ::)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline S.D.

• Posting Member
  • Damn You Nature!
Dont know about your "BB's" you feel...  Beneath my puffy soft nips I can feel a fairly dense ball of tissue that seems like it attaches to my chest muscle.  When my nips arent puffed out and all shriveled my chest only sticks out a tiny bit.... I could live with it if it stayed like that because even with the hard glandular tissue below it doesent look gross.

I have heard these horror stories of dudes having lipo done and have it look great right when the vest comes off only to have the nipples puff out to their soft annoying shape again.  I just cant believe doctors dont know this by now and tell you straight out that you need the breast tissue taken out, not just a lipo of the fat around the area.  Seems like highway robbery to me..... knowinly charging someone a lot of money for something that does not give the result they are asking for.

Just go get checked by another doctor (2 if possible) and tell them what happened and ask about the breast gland/tissue there.  You'll find out your options real quick.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 05:06:45 PM by S.D. »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The only sure way to know is to look at what the surgeon has removed when the surgery is over.

As you have observed, liposuction alone produces results that are not always satisfactory. It is always best to leave your surgeon the option of both excision and Lipo depending upon what is found in the course of surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline flex1appeal

sounds like gland from what you describe. I had lipo only but it was ultra lipo which the doctor told me it removes fat as well as gland with the exception of the little bit purposely left behind to prevent a concaved look on the nipples. I am very pleased overall with my lipo only. However, I do not think it looks even close to perfect. But I never expected it too. I just wanted it to be at least 70% better than what it was. And I think my doctor delivered. I'd insist on a revision too if I was you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024