Author Topic: Gearing up  (Read 1430 times)

Offline lowt

• Posting Member
Hello all,

I am waiting as long as I can for my gyne to develop as much as I can bear to wait before I go in for surgery. (Please Mr Levick, don't retire for another few months!)

I've deliberately put on weight (I'm now a little tubby) to try and if not hide the gyne, make it look more like it's just due to fatness.
(Got sick of one endocrinologist telling me that it was due to me being overweight - he didn't listen when I said I had it at 10.5 stone).

So. How long do I need to be off work for? Can I go back after 1 week off? Or 10 days? Or do you really need 2, 3, 4 weeks?

Will I stink wearing the compression vest? Perhaps I need one for the time off work, and one for the time at work?
Or will it be noticable if I wear it at work?
I was off work for a long time due to low T levels before I got that diagnosed and sorted, so they're less likely to be happy about much more time off - especially for an "not-critical" thing.

And has anyone noticed any problems due to the anaesthetic? Any effect on memory, brain, concentration, etc?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i don't think adding weight is a good idea. it will only increase the chances they'll tell you it's just fat instead of gyne, it could make your real gyne worse, and it will make your surgery more difficult.  far better to find a compression garment or something to help hide it and start spending long stretches watching videos on an exercise bike ;)

how long you're off will depend on the case, but i could almost guarantee being heavier will make recovery longer.  you could get back sooner if your work is less physical.  especially in your case the compressor is more likely but it would be an important part of recovery.  others may know better, but especially toward winter you might be able to hide it under a tee.    
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 05:30:54 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline lowt

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.

I am going to Mr Levick, so I think he'll do a good job whatever.

Also, I haven't put on that much weight - I've gone from about 10.5 stone to 11.75, so just from slim to tubby.

I can't imagine what these compression vests are like - the only thing I can think of is a corset, and that would (I imagine!) be very awkward to wear/sit down/work in.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
understand it's basically like a very snug shirt.  you still have to be able to breathe  :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024