Author Topic: Gyne & ring finger length  (Read 8528 times)

Gine2D

Would fellows that have very noticeable boobs please respond with a "Yes" Or "NO"

Do you have a ring finger that is the same length or shorter than your index finger?

If both add a "2" to the "Yes"

I will explain later,  Be truthful.

G

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If both add a "2" to the "Yes"

What do you mean by: If both add a "2" to the "Yes"

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Bambu,  I think he means if both your right and left hand.........................

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
 ???

On my left hand, index and ring finger seem to be the same length.

On my right hand, my index finger seems to be very slightly shorter then my fing finger.  

Offline hypo

Interesting Gine2D- In utero ;)

Gine2D

Yes, if both fingers are the same or shorter

Answer "Yes 2"

The reason for the post is I saw on another bulletin board where research had been done on children whose mother had a large burst of testosterone while pregnant.  The children were born with the ringer fingers longer than the index finger.  The children also had more than normal testosterone throughout life.

So the other group was looking at the reverse to see if it may be true.  

That is if the mother had low testosterone would the children have low testosterone and their ring fingers the same or shorter that the index finger.

I have short ring fingers.  YES 2

Come on guys tell us if you bave big boobs , not from just fat.  Do you have a ring finger shorter than the index finger.  "Yes" or "Yes 2"

Thanks,

G

Offline serg

• Silver Member
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 01:19:52 AM by serg »

Offline rcbrown23

Not "very noticable"...

But, NO. Ring finger is a bit taller.

??? ??? :-/

Offline jc71

me too. ring finger is a bit taller.

Offline hypo

There is one problem with this exercise.

If testosterone deficiency occurs post puberty then finger length will having nothing to do with testosterone levels.

Still interesting though and vallid upto a point.

9 times out of 10 when I have looked at the pathology results of someone that has gynecomastia that hasn't abused steroids- they have low normal or abnormal testosterone level.  

Gynecomastia doesn't seem to develop that often in men with medium to high normal testosterone levels.  

At least that is what I have found viewing pathology results.

Modified.

Just to clarify any ambiguity.  gynecomastia occurs in 90% of males, but I am refering to those men whose gynecomastia does not resolve after puberty.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 08:11:56 AM by hypo »

Offline jc71

Hypo,

Seems we've had similar threads in the past but in your opinion, can it be surmised that if testosterone deficiency occurs during puberty the length/girth of a mans penis would be smaller as a result of the lower testosterone levels when compared to a random group of men without gyne?   I understand there's numerous factors to take into consideration and far more than I see relevant as it relates to this simple post.  However, as a generalization would you say that's not likely, likely or very likely than an 18 year old male with gyne would have a smaller (length/girth) penis than an 18 year old without gyne?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 09:52:02 AM by jc71 »

Offline hypo

This is an area where my knowledge is limited.

can it be surmised that if testosterone deficiency occurs during puberty the length/girth of a mans thingy would be smaller as a result of the lower testosterone levels when compared to a random group of men without gyne?
Unquote

Can be surmised- No.

I don't think it can be treated as a fact at least not from my limited knowledge, that would be too strong (although I am quite prepared to be shown otherwise).  

The theory is good though and certainly an ABNORMAL level of testosterone prior to puberty would have a very good chance of reducing the size of genitalia.  It often does this.

Your question is difficult for me to answer, but as I understand it genetics comes into play, testosterone in utero is a factor and dihydrotestosterone is also very important.  Although I suppose testosterone in utero probably has a very good relationship with testosterone at puberty and dihydrotestosterone is derived from testosterone, so most individuals with low/low normal testosterone levels would most likely have a lower dihydrotestosterone level.

Sorry just talking to myself ::)

No such studies are undertaken to my knowledge as it isn't really a medical concern as you are still talking about what is medically termed normal genitalia as well as those that are not. (although I may be wrong- it isn't something I've concerned myself with).

As a generalization would you say that's not likely, likely or very likely than an 18 year old male with gyne would have a smaller (length/girth) thingy than an 18 year old without gyne?
Unquote

First of all we would have to limit the answer to gynecomastia where there was no drug causing the gynecomastia (prescribed or otherwise) and to those that are post puberty.  So the whole question is a little easier if we are talking about a group of men a little older say 20 years of age- given late developers.

Then as a generalization- Yes.

As the question is less stringent.

There is very likely to be a higher percentage of men who have suffered from pre pubertal hypogonadism in the gynecomastia group as compared to the general population and because higher androgen levels that are less likely to be present in the gynecomastia group are likely to exert greater growth of genitalia than lower levels are...generally.

It would be silly for me to say anything other than what I have because my knowledge here is limited and I am quite prepared to be shown information that contradicts what I have had to say.

So there is nothing inherently wrong with a general yes to the theory from my point of view when comparing them as group’s; gynecomastia vs. non gynecomastia at the age of 20.

But because we are talking about statistics and groups we are not talking about individuals- so many of us could well be well ahem….endowed.

The funny thing is that the size of something that is a little lower- the testicles has a far greater impact on general health, libido etc- maybe our concerns should be a little lower.

Still I suppose that girls do not tend to say he had a small xyz but his balls were massive and that made up for it.

So I suppose the apparatus you have mentioned will always be of greater import to men.

I think blokes have too many hang-ups in this area and endocrinologists wouldn’t give a toss ;D unless there was a significant problem.

P.S

That is the best I can do sorry.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 05:20:38 PM by Bambu »

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Hypo shut up, you are ruining another thread with your nonesense.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline hypo

I was asked a question for which I gave an answer.

You really are pathetic.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 08:40:00 AM by hypo »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024