Author Topic: In and out surgery  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
If I have mild gyne (just glands no fat to lipo) is there a chance the surgery could be scheduled soon and I could not spend a night at the hospital? Also, how long would it be before I could swim and lift weights again?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Yes, with surgery you are in and out within 5 hours. You may not even be put to sleep. It takes around 4 weeks to workout, and to swim I would say 2 weeks.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
so could it be like a week-end thing? miss no school, noone knows? And if I could take a shower y couldn't I swim.

Offline I-Hate-Gyno

• Bronze Member
  • I am getting PEC's one day
          Sometimes they don't put you to sleep did I read that correct vaio. Is that an option, or do patients have a choice in the matter? That does not sound cool men. :o ??? :-X

I-H-G
$1000 saved
$4500 needed for "freedom!"(vaio mb.).

Offline rcbrown23

Sometimes they put you under "twighlight" sleep. That is where you don't need a tube in throat type of deal. This is what I had the first time and I prefer it. I do remember waking up once or twice during the procedure, though. There was no pain, but I remember the lady looking at me, me looking at her, me looking at the doctor with a tube in my chest, then she put me right back under.

I have another op scheduled and they are going to put me completely under. It's about half and half.

Blarney...Yes, you could have it done on a friday and be back to school on Monday. You'd be a little sore, but no one would notice anything out of the ordinary. You'll have to wear a vest under your shirt. I just told people I hurt my back lifting weights and had a "support vest" I had to wear for a couple of weeks.

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Swimming is probably not a good idea due to the range of motion and use of the chest muscles...if you're comfortable weight lifting you could probably start swimming a week or two after.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yeah i just want NOONE except my parents to know anything about any of this. I'm sure u guys understand.

Offline vaio

I would say you need about 1 weeks time for recovery before you can go back out in public without anyone knowing. I went out 4 days post op and had people asking me why my posture looks so stiff, and why I was not being myself. I made up a good excuse to cover it.

If its cold where you live, its makes things much easier, because you can wear bulky clothing.  

Offline hypo

Surgery without first diagnosing/ruling out underlying conditions that may be the cause of the gynecomastia is plain wrong.

Before people even begin talking about plastic surgeons they need to talk about endocrinologists.

Endocrinologists are hormone experts, gynecomastia is caused by an imbalance of hormones.  

Plastic surgeons are not hormone experts, they are not experts in gynecomastia, they are only experts only at removing gynecomastia.

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
i would say swimming = 3 weeks.....and not because of anythign to do with the water (like a shower)...because of the motion and muscle capabilities...you'll see that it's difficult and sore to move your arms above your head for a couple weeks....

on a different note, you can be in public immediately and nobody will know.  i mean shit, i was picking up my prescription about 2 hours after i woke up and nobody could tell.  i went back to work 2 days later and nobody knows anythign about it.  it's easy to hide after the surgery is done!

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
good news, told my mom today and im going to the doctor pretty soon. she was totally cool about it and sounded open to the surgery. if all goes according to plan, should i be able to do everything during the summer (go on a beach without a shirt)?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:19:31 AM by Blarneystoner »

Offline vaio

You will have to apply high spf sun lotion to the scar, because you can't expose the scar to direct sunlight for 6 months. If you do, it will permenetly make the scar dark red.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
will ppl notice the scars and if they do, what should i say?

Offline vaio

If you surgeon does a good job, they won't be able to notice the scars.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024