Author Topic: had enough  (Read 2433 times)

Offline jason011

i have had enough of covering up my poking nipples. Over the past year i think the tissue under the nipples have grown significantly.  I dont have a lot of fat on my chest.  but the tissue under the nipples is pretty extreme i would think.  When the weather is hot, i feel disgusting as they are sticking to my clothes.

i have decided i want to get it operated on.
need some advice firstly.

1. is removal of the tissue going to cause a massive down time in exercise i can do?  will i be able to run, shortly afer.   I will not need lipo i dontthink.

2.  Is surgery the only option.  Is there any place i can go where they can inject something to make te tissue go away.  and disperse.

3. how much do most surgeons charge to get tissue only removed.  

i have had this since about 14.  have covered it up everyway possible.  AS most of you know it is a massive cause of being insecure.   i have dealt with this for a good  4 years now.  

any help appreciated.  

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
1. You won't be able to run "shortly after". The recovery will vary, but being young will probably help you.

2. From my personal experience, surgery is the only option, yes.

3. Price will vary from place to place, surgeon to surgeon, so there's no way someone can answer this for you. Look up PS's in your area with experience at gynecomastia removal and find out.

Good luck.
etc.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I seem to have the opposite problem.  My nips only stick out when it's cold.  I've read from several guys that their's stick out when it's hot.  I don't understand why mine only do in the cold.

There's guys here who say they've lifted in as short as a month and were doing cardio as quickly as a week to 10 days. I'd caution you against rushing it.  You don't want to disturb the healing that's happening in your chest. You'd hate to have the surgery and not give yourself time to fully heal while tearing things up (literally) from lifting weights.  Give it time.

As technology and the medical world advances, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 20 years there'd be a shot for gyne. Or better yet, wouldn't it be cool if there was a gynecomastia vaccine.  People like Paa_paw who have had generation after generation with gyne could get a shot and not get it anymore.

As far as price, talk to your PS.  You'll pay for the surgeons fee, anesthesia and facility fee.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 06:05:31 AM by jc71 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
There's guys here who say they've lifted in as short as a month and were doing cardio as quickly as a week to 10 days. I'd caution you against rushing it.  You don't want to disturb the healing that's happening in your chest. You'd hate to have the surgery and not give yourself time to fully heal while tearing things up (literally) from lifting weights.  Give it time.

Yep, that's about right jc. I was doing cardio at 14 days and lifting at 30 days. As jc mentioned, do not rush it. Give it time. When you do start exercising agian, listen to your body. If you hurt, stop. Then give it another week. Start off light and work your way back up.

John.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 04:29:42 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Spleen

That's cool.  I get cut in a month and don't want to get out of the gym habit.  I do fight jiu jitsu too though, and I'm gonna bet I'll need a month + before I could even try to wrestle.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

That's cool.  I get cut in a month and don't want to get out of the gym habit.

Yeah, it's so easy to say 'Flock it... I'll go to the gym another time'. Ya gotta keep going or you get lazy.[/b[
I do fight jiu jitsu too though, and I'm gonna bet I'll need a month + before I could even try to wrestle.

Oh for sure! At least a month, possibly 2 before you start to wrestle again. Check with your PS about that.

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

That's cool.  I get cut in a month and don't want to get out of the gym habit.

Yeah, it's so easy to say 'Flock it... I'll go to the gym another time'. Ya gotta keep going or you get lazy.

I do fight jiu jitsu too though, and I'm gonna bet I'll need a month + before I could even try to wrestle.

Oh for sure! At least a month, possibly 2 before you start to wrestle again. Check with your PS about that.

John.

Offline GALD_MAN1000

• Posting Member
  • Free as a bird who just got out of jail
im a few days post op the cold makes my nipples contract like they do and it really hurts! feels like they are tearing at the incision or sumthing. seesh

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024