Author Topic: 1-week post-op - When can i move freely again?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline wolf2989

Hey yall, about 1-week post op.  Just some questions for you guys that have been there. 

I'm not in any pain at all really, just sore if anything.  My big problem is the mobility in my arms, can't really raise them past my shoulders.  How long will that last until i can get my hands up without any pain/pulling sensations?  And how long before i can sleep on my side again?  I always sleep on my side and laying flat on my back has not been good to me at all trying to sleep at night.

Thanks!

-W

Offline LFC

• Posting Member
I'm just over 3 weeks post-op and am only now able to move my arms upwards without a problem. I just back-off when things start to hurt at all.

As for sleeping, have you tried maybe taking half a Tylenol PM? Helps with pain and knocks you out but you shouldn't feel too groggy the next morning.

Good luck!

Offline flex1appeal

I remember I had to lay on my back for 3 weeks before I could really lay on my side any comfortably. It took about 2-3 weeks for me to raise my arms above my head comfortably too

Offline wolf2989

Ugh.  That seems like such a long time from now.  But hey, as long as i'm healed up by the end of July for my week in all-inclusive heaven i'll deal with it  ;D

Offline flex1appeal

Not sure you'll be completely healed by july but you at least should have no bruising or noticeable swelling and should have most if not all your mobility back. You'll probably just have residual scar tissue left and some scarring still. No biggie.

flex

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024