Author Topic: Vacation at the Pool & Spa.  (Read 4731 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Just returned from 2 weeks at Cabo San Lucas for a 3 generation family vacation. My son was in the pool right away (He has Gynecomastia too) and that blew my excuse. By the end of a week, the larger than average male breast crowd dominated the pool.

I have rather slender and nearly hairless hands, feet, arms and legs in addition to the gynecomastia which I usually keep quite modestly covered.

Needless to say, I got a bit of sunburn on all of that very pale and usually well covered skin.

If you decide to get bold, don't forget the sunscreen.

As an aside, having some cute grandchildren to play with in the pool is a really effective chick magnet. You could try a variation of this with young family members yourself.

It took a while, but I finally got down to a swimsuit and had a great time. Then again, nothing truly worthwhile is too easy.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Glad to hear that you had a good time on your vacation.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Good to be back,

Its hard to admit that all those years of embarrassment and self pity were for nothing.

Concealing ones self becomes a habit though, even now I find it hard to go bare chested in a public setting such as a pool or the at the beach.

In truth, No one else seems to take particular notice. Or, if they do, they keep it to themselves.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

In truth, No one else seems to take particular notice. Or, if they do, they keep it to themselves.

Gynecomastia at 71 is accepted more so than when one is young.

It's widely known that as we get older, our bodies change and we can get moobs. However, it isn't widely known that young boys and men can be burdened with the condition. It's our (the sufferers) fault really... as we have hidden it for so long. Too embarrassed to reveal our well kept secret.

GB

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'll have to concede that point GB, The condition is more common in people over 60. In my own case though it has existed for a lifetime. For a lifetime, I kept it hidden like so many of us do. What was interesting was that the first day it the only men with other than flat chests in the pool was my son and I. As the week progressed. more and more men with varying degrees of Gynecomastia bared their chests and came into the pool.

Truly, there is comfort in numbers. It takes a real man to lead the way. I'm proud of my son for leading the way by taking his little girls into the pool that first day.

It really takes a real man to deal with having Gynecomastia.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It takes a real man to lead the way. I'm proud of my son for leading the way by taking his little girls into the pool that first day. It really takes a real man to deal with having Gynecomastia.

Yes my friend, it surely does!  Alot of balls, is what it takes...  ;)

GB

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Your son has an intestinal fortitude to which I can not relate.

I have seen you post here there are two ways to deal with G.  One learn to accept it or surgery.  Either way is a reasonable solution, living unhappily with it is very sad.

Congrats to you and your son.

My kids, 10 & 7, my wife and I are headed to the beach this weekend to start a two week vacation. It will be my first post surgery, I really can't believe after 40 years I will finally be bare chested at the beach.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

My kids, 10 & 7, my wife and I are headed to the beach this weekend to start a two week vacation. It will be my first post surgery, I really can't believe after 40 years I will finally be bare chested at the beach.

It's a feeling like no other!  ;)

Congratz!

GB

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Thank GB!

Just got back from my beach Vaca.

It was great.

My chest still is healing and I may need some skin tightening, but I still went completely shirtless even at a crowded water park.  Can't say I didn't think about my chest at all, but I definitely did not stop my fun and I was completely comfortable.

Next summer will be even better still.

40 ain't so bad.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Noseguard...

Glad to hear your vaycay went well broh... :)

Thanks for sharing!

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024