Author Topic: Has anyone used Michael Cadier?  (Read 6458 times)

Offline avx

• Posting Member
Hi i was wondering if any has had gynecomastia surgery with Michael Cadier of New Hall Hospital In Salisbury or has anyone heard anything about him? he has quoted me £4800

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Offline avx

• Posting Member
Also does any have any recommendations for anyone else?

Cheers

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
  • No more gyne since 28/03/09
Hello there mate, most people on this forum go to Alex Kardidis, Dr Benito or Paul levick as far as i know.
I havent heard anything about Michael Cadier yet, did you ask him how many operations he has done till date and how he would do the procedure?
I was lucky enough to get a top surgeon and top hospital through the NHS and i am very very happy and pleased with everything.
I will post up a diary later on today with pictures.

If you have any doubts or questions i guarantee you that you are at the right place for advice as i have been helped alot through some fellas here!

Offline tali1988

• Posting Member
avx, depending on the severity of your condition depends on the price, i found that alot of places quoted that figure of 4.8k. Salisbury and Southampton both did before even seeing me, i used the hampshire clinic in bstoke

Offline avx

• Posting Member
some how i didnt think to ask him how many he has done, but i've just made a Appointment for monday with Dr Kardidis, so i'll see how that goes.

well done on getting it on the nhs i hear that can be a long process. how long did it take and how much hassel was it to get it threw the NHS, and on what grounds did they pass it?

thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Offline avx

• Posting Member
Hi tali

my condition is pretty bad. I dont like to spend £5k but I'm not to bothered by the price just want to get the best job possible, as its only going to be a few hundred between different Dr's

Cheers

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
I had a consultation with kardidis a few weeks ago

i was quoted

£4240 in total

all in no extra costs apparentley, o but you need to have a blood test (compulsary!) for £130! And then he hospital fees are going up 4% id estimate it at about £70 cause the fees were around £1500 mark. I got told not to wory about revision cause its "Free" well no his time is free but youve still got to pay all of your hospital fees (and aftercare etc no doubt will cost a fortune!).

So be prepared to pay about the £4500 with karidis (mines a mild case), and an 8 week wait from consultation if you want to book on the day you have to pay a staggering £1000 deposit! Also incorporate your travel costs! if your prepared to spend 4.8k then karidis is the best

Try the NHS though! Theres some really good surgeons about! Are you at a healthy BMI? if not the nhs will probally just tell you to loose weight till you reach a healthy bmi
8 days to go! 16/05/2009 Dr. Karidis = Cant wait!

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Hey,

Levick located in Birmingham seems to be cheap compared to the £4800!!

I was charged £3995 including the consultation cost of £100.

He is also very experienced so maybe you could check him out.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline avx

• Posting Member
Hi chancer

my BMI was 41 and is now 27, so still above average but doing training to lose more before the op.

Cheer

Offline avx

• Posting Member
Hi Hope

what type of surgery did you have with Dr Levick? just lipo?

Cheers

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
hello there avx
surprisingly going through NHS was not bad at all for me. i think it even took me less to wait for than if i would of gone private.
my case was very severe though and the surgeon knew this just by looking at me and speaking about how it affects me, i told him i cant even take my shirt of in front of my misses and he was the first i spoke to about it lol

All in all, it took me about 2 weeks after speaking to my GP about it to get seen by the surgeon he then immediately decided for surgery and the same day i went for my pre op procedures. about 2 months later i had the surgery and now i am 4 days post surgery and i am very very happy with everything. i have just posted my diary aswell in case you are interested
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17298.0

if you have any other questions mate there is alot of people here that are very helpfull and if u want to know anything about the nhs then just ask me what ever u want to know ;)

Offline avx

• Posting Member
Cheers for the advice Christian
your post op pics look great and you obviously got a good surgeon, the only thing that bothers me about the NHS is not knowing or being able to choose your surgeon, when going private you can choose the best available.

Cheers

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
Thanks avx, i consider myself lucky that i had a good surgeon.
At the end of the day, it was the best decision i could do to have the surgery. i feel alot better now even though i am still in my vest and not healed yet! but what a difference it makes!
Have the surgery and let ure mates know that you will and that you might not be able to make it there dependant on your situation and how you feel. if you choose any excuse just choose something in body region so that they wont expect anything if your top half is bandaged up lol

glad i could help out.
Dont worry mate, you will be fine no matter how you will decide!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024