Author Topic: Surgery tomorrow!! After waiting almost a year **Updated almost 6 year post op**  (Read 7831 times)

Offline daves123

• Posting Member
you're a stud man. Huge improvement.
Yeah I know. It is such a thrill to wear tight t-shirts and walk around in public without a shirt.
It is like being released from prison.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
you're a stud man. Huge improvement.
Yeah I know. It is such a thrill to wear tight t-shirts and walk around in public without a shirt.
It is like being released from prison.

exactly my thoughts too. I wish I would have done this years ago.  I'm 29 days post op and still wearing the compression garment. I take it off for showering in the mornings and when I get home from work for 15-20 mins.  surprisingly I've had very little scar tissue...I guess I was expecting worse.  take care and thanks.

Mikec1294

You're right! Very similar to my case, I can only hope for results as great as yours.

I have this horrible nightmare that for some reason I wont be approved for surgery!  I don't see why I wouldn't be though.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
You're right! Very similar to my case, I can only hope for results as great as yours.

I have this horrible nightmare that for some reason I wont be approved for surgery!  I don't see why I wouldn't be though.

I'm sure you'll be fine man.  Be sure that your surgeon does lipo and excision for the best contour. There are many horror stories on here of guys unhappy with their results, mainly because their surgeon performed only one or the other.  

The surgery is the easiest part, what follows is toughest for most of us on here.  I'm almost 4 months post-op and I still have scar tissue underneath my left nipple,  but its minimal.  It will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions..that is if you let it.  Take comfort in the fact that what you may see weeks after the surgery (puffiness, asymmetry) is in most cases not your final result.

There really is no feeling like it once you have it done.  I've been walking around shirtless for the past month.  I actually take the time to look in the mirror now, rather than avoiding them like the plague.  In a month my girlfriend and I are vacationing in Cuba.  To sum it up.....its a life changer and my only regret is that I waited until I was 30 years old and missed out on so many experiences and opportunities during my 20's.  

Best of luck with your surgery!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:50:28 PM by srnd2012 »

Mikec1294

Thank you! I'm fully prepared for the recovery and understand! I'm kind of bummed I waited until I was 24 to do it when this condition is something I've been aware of since I was 15, but still so excited.

have fun in Cuba!

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
it looks like you lost some weight after surgery?

how did you accomplish this?

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
it looks like you lost some weight after surgery?

how did you accomplish this?

I lost most of my weight before surgery because I read somewhere that it makes the surgeons job easier (not sure if true but to me it made sense cause would be easier to see what is breast tissue or excess fat).  I just exercised 3-4 times a week and changed my eating habits.  It's not something that will happen in a few weeks,  took me about 5-6 months to get close to my ideal weight.

Cheers!

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Hey everyone!

I know its been years since I had checked in and they all say the ones who had success rarely visit back.  I wanted to let you know that getting surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.  I am now married since 2015 and we have a 17 month old boy who we just adore.  I have made many posts back in 2012-2013 when I was at one of my lowest points in life.  You can go back through my history if you wish but I am posting a pic from today. 

For anyone with gynecomastia, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  If you truly want surgery, do everything you can to make that a reality. 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 12:48:12 PM by srnd2012 »

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Hi all,  I just realized the picture I had attempted to post back in August '19 never posted.  Fixed it in the above post for anyone interested. 
As you can tell I occasionally log in from time to time to see if there are any questions I can help answer and share my experience.  It can be stressful going from having gyne to booking surgery, getting surgery and then waiting to see the final result which sometimes can take many months (it did in my case).
For anyone on the fence about surgery I recommend it 100%, but I have much respect for those who choose not to have surgery.  Happiness can be achieved with or without gyne.
Cheers!  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024